Deity bonuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deity bonuses?

Anyone know how big the deity bonuses to AI production and research are?

Both must be pretty huge, in my current game I am up to 150 AD. I just switched to republic and am clearing up the two last techs of the ancient era. I got away with 17 cities on a normal sized map. I share continent with my peaceful neighbour Xerxes. *knock on wood* Never saw his Immortals. He demands a pretty low tribute. My biggest cities have just finished building everything available, and are making more troops to reinforce the Persian border before he gets funny ideas.

I only have one luxury, and the Persians only had one as well, so we are trading. Once I get some harbours up I hope to trade with some of the other civs for more luxuries. (I have furs coming out of my ears.)

But I get reports on what wonders the others build, and every wonderbuilding AI civ is close to finishing off the medieval period. They have built wonders like Magellans Voyage etc etc.

I'll see if I can last to the modern era in this game, and then go kick some but down on monarch.

On Regent/Monarch you can usually get the AI to trade you all his tech for just cash, if you got a good cash flow. (Becoming something of a regular tactic on this forum it seems.) I find this impossible to achieve on Deity. The AI simply techs too fast.

But I am (in my next game) hoping to get two neighbours with different research priorities. Then I can hopefully trade them tech for tech, filling out with cash. (And the odd tech aquired from a goody hut.)

What do the rest of the masochist crowd think?

Probably going to shoot for 8 cities on a small pangaea in my next game. Should give me enough cash to trade with multiple AIs for tech. (This basically mean you have to call them every turn to see if you can trade tech from them, as they can't be allowed to trade just among themselves?)

Comment

Working...
    X