Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy
    Great work Gamphos!!!!!

Especially since you don't have the game.... When will you have access to the game? Looking forward to the add Civ option
    Thank you for the feedback.

I'll buy the game the 16th, and will start look in to the ability to get an added civ to show up in the game without causing the game to crash. But I'm not sure if the game will allow it (mostly because the playersetup screen.)

And as I hope you understand I can't have the testers to test al different kinds of ways to make the civ show up in the game. Still civs can be copied wit the older version, and if you want to experiment with it and maybe find a way to add civs you are free to do so.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

A bug with the tech copy fixed (I guess I was tired last night and mixed up some code lines.)

Citizens can now be copied.

New version after 75 downloads.
      Last edited by Gramphos; November 2, 2001, 19:25.

Comment

I'm having trouble getting this to run on my home machine. My work machine, which runs NT4, runs it fine. At home, initially it would not launch for lack of a file so I figured it was that I needed VB runtimes. Now it launches but basically doesn't seem to open the bic file. It acts like it does, but nothing shows up in the pull-downs for what to copy and it won't let me enter a value for how many to copy. I suspect that I'm still missing some VB files. Can you point me to a link where I can get the right stuff?

Comment

Barnacle Bill,
          If you can run the program you should have the right runtimes. Try another BIC.

All,
          As the editor has been hacked I don't know if there is a meaning to continue with this. Please tell me what you think I should do.

I'll anyway look further in the BIC format.

How mush can you edit with the editors of the citylist? can you enlarge it as mush as you want or is there a limit?

Comment

Gramphos,
            If you want to continue with your project, I will definatly help you test it. I got a little carried away and forgot to backup my editor.exe and the hacked one won't work for me. I am in the process of backing up all of my important CPU data then reformatting as I have some severe errors that can't be fixed and installing software can be a real task. Should have it done by the weekend.

I would check on your city editting question but the editor is broken right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
              Barnacle Bill,
              If you can run the program you should have the right runtimes. Try another BIC.
              No, it's behavior is quite bizarre. I tried every bic available - no difference. I suspect I have something missing or the wrong version or something. hat version of VB are you using.

Comment

Gramphos,

The Civ3edit has been hacked but they said they are not sure if graphics will work. Your way might be the way to get the graphics to work. Will try when I get the game next week.
                Thanks for your work.

Comment

Barnacle Bill,
                  I use VB5.

I'll see if I can add some errorhandlking to the load. As is right now it ignores most errors.

Comment

To the one that is experimenting with eras

One of the problems with adding eras seem to be the leaderanimations. Each civ structure should grow with 520 bytes (two animations).

If you could check how the civs look in the editor with an extra era that would be good.
                    If needed I might look into a way to expand the civstructures as well as the eras.

Comment

I have found a way to add civs, and thanks to Willy I also know that it works (at least with 17 civs).

Here is a playersetup screen taken by Willy that shows 17 selectable civs. I'll try to update the tool soon.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here it is: A version that should have the possibility to copy (at least one) civilization.

Some testing is needed to see how many civs that can be added, and how it handles them with screens.

I'll edit out the version posted before, but will still keep the one with the era part available.

ZIP Edited out after 80 downloads
                        Last edited by Gramphos; November 3, 2001, 18:01.

Comment

I'm trying to create a settler as a special unit. every time I click build though, it crashes.
                          Perhaps some one could tell me what to do?

I'm copying one settler, renaming it (in the official editor) and changing its stats.

Upon clicking it, it crashes.

Is it because I haven't changed the civopedia?

Comment

Pioneer costs 1 shield, zero pop requirements, moves 2.
                            the pic is of a settler.

Comment

If you don't change the key to civilopedia you shouldn't have to edit it.

Comment

Another screen. This time with 21 civs (If one can call all of them that )

Edit: number fixed .
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Gramphos; November 3, 2001, 07:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X