Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What key?

Comment

Originally posted by Faeelin
      What key?
      Key?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Cool. So it just copies all of the details of the other civ. And it looks like they can be edited. Now we just got to find a way to edit leader graphics...

Does this mean we can add more than 16 to a game too? Has anyone tried? I would but my game isn't here yet
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
          Does this mean we can add more than 16 to a game too? Has anyone tried? I would but my game isn't here yet
          Willy said that it only was 16 civ per game currently, but that you could select from a bigger part. This mean that the random opponents is mush more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
            Another screen. This time with 19 civs (If one can call all of them that )
            Maybe I´m nitpicking, but these are 21 'civs'.
            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
              Maybe I´m nitpicking, but these are 21 'civs'.
              Yes, you are right. You know I'm bad at headcounting when it comes to after midnight. I was going to go to sleep when Willy was ready to start test that. So I made the change in the tool and waited for him to test the tool before I got to bet.

Willy said that he would copy the 17th civ 4 times. I made a quick calculation 17+4=19
              Well, lets say the 21 civs can be in the civ selection box then.

Comment

i have a news item to modify...
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  i have a news item to modify...
                  I missed that news item. Otherwise I would have sent a PM to you about it.

Did I ever wrote that you could have 21 civs in a game? I only remember being tired. I maybe wasn't clear enough. As it currently stands only 16 in a game, but higher number of civs to choose from. I've not tested it yet, but I believe that the game supports up to 32 civs to choose from. Still you can't play with more then 16 civs. Hope this clear things out.

Comment

Did I ever wrote that you could have 21 civs in a game? I only remember being tired. I maybe wasn't clear enough. As it currently stands only 16 in a game, but higher number of civs to choose from. I've not tested it yet, but I believe that the game supports up to 32 civs to choose from. Still you can't play with more then 16 civs. Hope this clear things out.
                    yeah you werent clear about that, and i think i wasnt exactly clear either
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I cant test yet either, live in new zealand, which is a pity cos this seems like a great thing.
                      if you dont mind me asking HOW THE HECK DID YOU DO ALL THIS BEFORE EVEN GETTING THE GAME!
                      what a legend
                      I have nothing interesting to say

Comment

The canadian leader even got traditional lumberjack (backwoodler) outfit, great work.
                        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

If you don't change the key to civilopedia you shouldn't have to edit it.

That key.

I'm still unsure as to what I'm doing wrong. This does let you add new units and techs to the game, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Faeelin
                            That key.

I'm still unsure as to what I'm doing wrong. This does let you add new units and techs to the game, right?
                            Ah, forgot about that.

I've marked it in a screenshot of the editor.

The key tells the game what in the civilopedia to look for.
                            Attached Files

Comment

New version.

Well, the biggest change (that can be seen) is that an option to rename copied units has been added. It should make it easier to create a specific unit based of another unit. The original editor is still needed to fix the properties for the unit, but the program "shall" copy the directory and rename the ini-file.

Deleted after 11 downloads
                              Last edited by Gramphos; November 3, 2001, 20:50.

Comment

sorry to disappoint everyone (11) with the new file that there was an error in the renaming which was caused by a last minute change that only were made in one part of the tool instead of two.

Here is a working version.

The version is edited out by version 0.51 after 70 downloads
                                Last edited by Gramphos; November 4, 2001, 16:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X