Heroic Epic - useless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroic Epic - useless?

OK, I wanted to build this small wonder but it seems impossible.

First, it's not available until you have an army that wins in combat.

To build an army, you need a leader. Unfortunately, it takes a loooong time to build a leader. I haven't been able to do that yet -- I can't get them any higher than elite. Any hints here?

Once you do build it, the benefit is to give you a better chance at making leaders -- kind of circular.

The notion of a 'Heroic Epic' certainly dates back to the Ancient era, but I don't see how it can ever be built that early.

Could I suggest that the requirements for this early wonder be relaxed? Maybe you have to have Warrior Code and it becomes available when you have a unit win an offensive attack.
    "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

You can change the requirements for any wonder via the editor, it's pretty easy.

I had 3 leaders show up before building the Epic, which I just did. Now I wonder if I will get a lot more (considering the limited number of leader names, I dunno...)

Cheers.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
      You can change the requirements for any wonder via the editor, it's pretty easy.

I had 3 leaders show up before building the Epic, which I just did. Now I wonder if I will get a lot more (considering the limited number of leader names, I dunno...)

Cheers.
      In what age did you get the leaders and build the Epic?

If it was in Ancient, how did you get the leaders so fast?
      "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Comment

Don't forget that militaristic civilizations get leaders easier than others. If you are really have problems you might want to consider that...

KoalaBear33

Comment

Koala -- so not only do you play a paladin in D2, but also Civ III -- Good for you!

Its good to see you on the forums

Zardos (formerly a D2 player before Ash000 stole me away to EQ, now Civ III is stealing me away from EQ ).

Comment

Originally posted by Ray K

In what age did you get the leaders and build the Epic?

If it was in Ancient, how did you get the leaders so fast?
            I got my first leader, Barbarossa, shortly after leaving the Ancient era. I am German, so militaristic and I guess get leaders more easily. I'm also on Chieftan difficulty. The Epic was available way later, like 1400 AD or something.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

D2 sux if u ask me

Comment

Funny: upon multiple readings of the thread, it doesn't look like anyone did.

Comment

I can see where you're coming from... you're making the (reasonable imho) assumption that by "Heroic Epic" CivIII refers to the Iliad, the Aeneid, the Odissey and the heroes of the time.... Achilles, Hercules, Ulysses, Samson etc.

Based on what I'm hearing, however I don't find it a stretch to simply assume that by Heroic Epic CivIII is referring to "La Chason de Roland," "La Mort D'Artur" and the respective heroes Roland, King Arthur, Lancelot and the other numerous heroes of the middle ages.

I think this is a perfecltly reasonable assumption, not one forced to fit the game's build requirements.

Of course if it turns out that the Civilopedia entry for Heroic Epic mentiones the Ancient heroes instead of the later ones, then I'll have to eat my CivIII Advancements Tree, right?

Alessandro

P.S. At the moment I'm less concerned with obtaining the Heroic Epic small wonder and more in getting the brand new Ram chip home to see if bad memory is the reason CivIII keeps freezing on me (the PC would freeze before in photoshop and other memory intensive things, but with CivIII it's almost clockwork after 10-15 turns. Thank God for autosave... but it's a pain to play that way... too many potty breaks!

Comment

It's 1/16 chance for any fight with an Elite unit (more if you're Militaristic, which I'm not). The problem is, unless you're behind, you'd rather use your first Leader to force production of something like the Forbidden Palace. I've tended to make the Heroic Epic in the Industrial Age so far.

Maybe the requirement should be changed to "must have 10 Elite units", sorta like how Wall Street works.

Comment

Working...
                    X