Anybody receive their order from Chips&Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody receive their order from Chips&Bits

I preordered a few months ago (limited edition). My credit card hasn't been billed yet, and I haven't received any emails about it.

Has anyone received theirs?

TIA!

No, not even shipped yet.
    Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

That's what i've received from them concerning LE:

[The collectors edition is not available to order and so you were right to place your order for the regular edition which we expect to have shipped later this week.]

so, those of you in Europe, forget about LE getting legally; the truth is simple, just change your order to SE and get it not earlier than Nov16 or cancel it..

Comment

I pre-ordered LE from Chips 'n' Bits but haven't heard anything from them. After reading the previous post I guess I won't be getting LE since I'm in Korea. I'll just cancel my order and order from reliable Barnes and Noble.
        No cookie tin . . . .
        Formerly known as Masuro.
        The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Originally posted by vanniken
          That's what i've received from them concerning LE:

[The collectors edition is not available to order and so you were right to place your order for the regular edition which we expect to have shipped later this week.]

so, those of you in Europe, forget about LE getting legally; the truth is simple, just change your order to SE and get it not earlier than Nov16 or cancel it..
          Well, I ordered the LE from C&B ages ago, and when I wrote recently to enquire when it would be shipped, they were full of excuses about reliability rather than speed, etc., but they didn't tell me it wasn't available -- so I'm still living in hope!

Maybe I'd better send another email for confirmation... But perhaps you put in your order after they'd stopped taking them for the LE??
          Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
          Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

I'm going to cancel my order. Even if they ship now it will arrive probably at the same time civ3 will be available in the stores here!

Comment

I called C&B last night to ask AGAIN about my order. They said that the LE isn't being released until mid-November

IDIOTS!!!

So I asked if I could get the regular version.

"Sorry, our current stock is being reserved for all the pre-orders"

Needless to say I cancelled my order

Comment

LS,

Considering you have not yet shipped Civilization 3 LE one week after the game was published and after all your competitors shipped I want to cancel my order. It will be cheaper and faster for me to just wait until the game is released here in The Netherlands. It’s needless to say that I am not very impressed with the quality of your service though I must admit that you did live up to your reputation.

Regards

Mannamagnus

Comment

I guess everybody is cheaper and faster of just waiting for the local release date and cancelling their C&B order, like I did.

Comment

Chips and Bits - First Come, First Serve

I called Chips and Bits this evening and after straightening out my account I asked when the game would ship. The sales representative told me that the game is shipped on a first come first serve basis and they are currently out of stock. This is for the SE, by the way. When I asked, "When will you get more" she "Hopefully soon." Aaargh. Anyway, I didn't cancel my order because I don't know when Civ3 will be in the stores here in Korea and I figure I'll trip myself up more if I go ordering from other places. I should have ordered the SE in the first place instead of ordering LE, finding out it's only for the States, and then putting myself further down the waiting list by having to reorder.
                    Formerly known as Masuro.
                    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Anatolia,

Don't feel bad, my order (LE) was to a US post box, and SHOULD have been shipped out as soon as they got them. Obviously they didn't order enough LE to even cover their PRE-ORDERS!!!

Now how stupid is that? Isn't that the whole point of preordering? So they'll know what their demand is?

Comment

Working...
                      X