Call To Power III...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call To Power III...

Does anyone know of any plans for a CTP III?
    Just curious...

Shadow
    3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ahhh, my first Nuke!
    Now the fat lady's singin'...

Nope, Activision gave up on the CtP series altogether. Unless someone buys the rights from them there's never gonna be a successor...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yes, that's true.
      Pity, CTP games had a lot potential, but instead:
      -CTP1 wasn't polished enough (gamebalance, some bugs, etc...)
      -CTP2 wasn't finished at all (it looks more like an Alpha build, with "finished" graphics)

Still, some goods things about CTPs are:
      -AI modifiability (pity for Civ3 )
      -army STACKS
      -PW
      -and some other things...

If some serious company (not some money grabber)
      could buy CTP rights, it would be cool!

Comment

hmmm, just a thought.
        how about reinventing the ctp2.exe
        make a new one ?
        we could do that if we wanted (lots of time needed) and then we would have the best civ game ever
        oh well i cant do it alone

Comment

Originally posted by kaan
          how about reinventing the ctp2.exe
          It would help if we had the source code or enough of it, but it would also a lot of work if we would got some code by decompiling it. The ctp2.exe itself is more than 6MB. But if we could get some improvements by cracking it.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

that would have a potential to be the best civ game ever, but if you crack it there is no rights on the stuff.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

who cares about rights, i just want a great civ game.

Comment

Rights?

Activision gave up on CTP2 and left it to the modders. It is now our game and not theirs anymore.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yes sadly there will never be a CTP3. Unfortunately CTP2 was released WAY before it was ready so it got panned by the critics and never sold well. From what I've seen of Civ3 I can actually say I prefer CTP2 because of it's PW system and Multiplayer support. I also really like CTP2 "combined arms" idea.
                  If activision really has given up on this game then they just might be willing to open it's source code so we can iron out the bugs. I doubt they will though because I still see the odd CTP2 box for sale at my local retailer.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No CTP III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Now I know Western Civilization is really declining.
                    Sulla-The last dictator of Rome before Caesar. He changed Rome and Rome sure as hell changed him.

Comment

Originally posted by sulla
                      No CTP III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Now I know Western Civilization is really declining.
                      Sulla,
                      It's somewhat pointless to ask you this but.... Have you ever even played the game with the patch and mods? Didn't think so...
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I wish they would make CTPIII, but somehow I doudt it. Activision love making large number of games but very little quality. And if the game fails they abandon that type of game. It's a sad story
                        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Been playing civ3 for a couple of weeks. This has to be the biggest disappointment of the millenium.

I came back here to find out if there is anything afoot. In my view the most serious drawback of CTP2 is the almost total passivity of the AI. Given that there will be no CTP3 is there any point in 'brainstorming' the CTP2 AI to see what can be done? (I know that some work has already been done in this regard.)

Comment

Lou,
                            Go download the Cradle of Civs mod (see Creation forum) and start a game on Deity level. If you've never played this mod before and you don't get your @ss seriously kicked the first few games, I'll be very impressed...

Come to think about it, CtP3 already exists, and in 3 versions too: CtP2 && patch v1.11 && (Apolyton Pack || MedMod || Cradle) = CtP3
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Sad to hear about that Locutus .

Then CTP III does not have decent PBEM facilities either .

BTW - crack the exe-file. We are still some half-fanatic CTP-PBEM fans, who would like to "upgrade" to CTP II.
                              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X