Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Change at GameStats

Good evening.

You can read an open letter posted over on <A HREF="http://www.gamestats.com" TARGET="_new">GameStats.com</A>, the website of Apolyton's hosts, regarding an important administrative change in the network.

Please keep all discussion of this, if any, to this thread *only* -- all others will be closed or deleted altogether. Thank you.

-----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

What happened Dan?
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Seeing as Gamestats.com is down, I'm assuming Microsoft bought them.

Badabing.

That's the only time you'll hear me say that.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Actually Dan resigned as Director of Operations.

A couple of other dudes also resigned.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Who is in charge now?
          And why the resignation?
          I've always liked DanQ very much as an admin.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why?

I read your desicion, but didn't get the reason for this acion.
            Obviously it is something important since there are several people leaving.
            So please give some clarification to why you left. THX.

I do hope you'll continue to work on Apolyton. You both have done such a great work here.

Comment

Hi everyone. Thank you for the kind words thus far. I would like to take this opportunity to address various points/questions made to date.

First, regarding access to GameStats.com itself: if you are unable to get to <A HREF="http://www.gamestats.com" TARGET="_new">www.gamestats.com</A>, then try just "plain" <A HREF="http://gamestats.com" TARGET="_new">gamestats.com</A>. One or the other or both should work for you. To see this fixed, email <A HREF="mailto:tonyb@worldchat.com">GS Tech.</A>.

Second, the reasoning for my decision to resign as Director of Operations of GameStats is not appropriate for discussion at this time or in this venue.

Third, as outlined in the second paragraph of my open letter, my DoO resignation is irrespective of my position as co-owner/administrator of Apolyton (ACS) and as a result nothing in that regard is changing. In addition, ACS is remaining apart of the GameStats network as is also detailed in my said letter.

----------------
              Dan; Apolyton CS
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Dan, make sure you have contingency plans. When Gamestats implodes, Apolyton shouldn't miss a beat. Be ready to jump to some other place. Time to scout this out is now...

Comment

GP:

You are jumping to conclusions and you needn't worry about such matters.

----------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

I'm not jumping to conclusions, I just want to make sure that our leaders are watching out carefully. Just because you have an option doesn't mean you jhave to use it.

And, BTW, I'm sorry about you losing your position. OK?

Comment

Dan I think what my underwater friend is trying to say is that having a backup plan is a good idea, given the current market conditions and the lack of advertising revenue available, which can put a strain on an organization like Gamestats.

GP,

Dan resigned he didn't get the boot.

Comment

Dan-O,

What I meant was that I'm sorry things worked out so you had to leave. Obviously this is not about DQ getting more time with the books...

Comment

Hopefully this means you can spend more time round Apolyton

Let's just hope Gamestats can manage OK without'cha
                          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

I wonder if this has anything to do with the banner adds and the message that has been added to them....
                            'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Originally posted by SITS
                              I wonder if this has anything to do with the banner adds and the message that has been added to them....
                              what message?
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X