A new map editor is born

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new map editor is born

I'm finishing up a map editor, which should be able to create blank maps and perform some arithmetic such as resizing maps.
    I'm looking for people who dare to test the application...
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

trés cool- Send it in!
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Great! I've been looking a long time for this kind of map editor!

Sure I'll try and test it.

jgv@fiera.com

Comment

Sure, that sounds good. I'll test it. my e-mail address is in my profile
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Sign me up too, please!

Comment

Oh boy! A new map editor thingy! Send it on to me! (Email address in profile.)

------------------
            "In all creation, there can be no task more onerous or tedious than that of playing God." - Stephen Fry, 'The Liar'.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I need it! I am about to embark on a perfectionistic redraw of the Red Front map... Does it handle oversized maps?

Comment

I'll do it.
                "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                --

Comment

Yes,please!
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Wow! It's good to know there's actually demand for it.
                    Yes it does handle oversized maps, that the whole point of creating it in the first place.

I'll be done with it in a couple of days, so I'll send it to all of you.
                    Beware though, I asked you to test it (not to grab this goody from me, and never show up again, but use it plentifully ), which mainly means trying to find errors. It may still contain bugs, so my first concern is finding those.
                    I haven't really tested in many different environments either, so I also need to know what files I need to package with the executable.
                    I would of course appreciate any suggestions, although these may not end up in version 1 yet.

And last of all, I don't have a help file done yet, so you're on your own. Although you can "always" contact me.
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Wow, mag ik ook testen? klinkt supermooi. 't Is wel een goed punt trouwens, ik heb er nooit zo over nagedacht, denkend dat de standaard editor goed genoeg was, maar een nieuwe verbeterde mapeditor is eigenlijk een erg belangrijke utility die nog niet bestaat.

Als je de smaak van editors maken te pakken hebt, email me dan even. ik heb een hele lijst met ongeveer alle nuttige waarden in een saved game file die heel keurig kunnen worden gebruikt in een editor. Alleen kan ik niet programmeren, anders had ik 't zelf al gedaan.

Comment

Mercator-At Last! A map-editor for us hex-ily-challenged creators...

Sign me up as a playtester: email is:
                        khanmaned@hotmail.com

I have a few ideas on trying to break this...

Allard-Sigh! It's been too long since I've heard a long spiel of Dutch!

Dankje Well!

-KhanMan (who can never spell, regardless of the language...
                        Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
                        -KhanMan

Comment

I'm at university now, but I think it's done so far, so I'll send it over (most likely) somewhere this evening (CET that is).

Please, don't think too much of it! It's definitely NOT a superb graphical wonder, you don't even get to see the map itself. Just expect yet another useless crap application, then you'll think you're in heaven when you see it .

I just added another option saturday. It's now capable of reading (and writing) 256 color bitmaps as well. So anything my application can't do, your image editor can.

Oh, en Allard, ik weet niet of ik echt een programma voor die saved game informatie zal gaan schrijven, maar stuur die informatie gerust op. Ikzelf heb ook al aardig wat informatie over savegames bij elkaar gesprokkeld, dus wie weet.

And one final note... Please, no more testers! I think I have enough now, just wait until version 1 hits the virtual shelves (no, don't worry, it's freeware) and spam me as much as you want.

Comment

Wow- it's amazing how much Dutch a German can understand...

------------------
                            Follow the masses!
                            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

We who grew up tall and proud
                            In the shadow of the mushroom cloud
                            Convinced our voices can't be heard
                            We just want to scream it louder and louder:
                            "What the hell are we fighting for?"
                            "Just surrender and it won't hurt at all"
                            -Brian May (Queen)

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
                            Follow the masses!
                            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Stefan, dat is inderdaad waar. Nederlands en Duits lijken in sommige opzichten erg sterk op elkaar. Vooral als je de uitspraak van de Nederlandse woorden wat veranderdt. (Alhoewel, Kartofel en aardappel lijken niet zoveel op elkaar )
                              Did you understand this? Verstond je dit?
                              PS, zend de editor ook maar op. Ik zal proberen hem grondig te testen

------------------
                              May Eru Ilúvatar and the Valar be with you!

Comment

Working...
                              X