Wanted: Dedicated Civ Student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Dedicated Civ Student

My search for a Civ mentor has failed, with my post gathering more exchanges between civ veterans than inquiries from the masters-that-be.

So now, my focus is different. I am looking for a Civ pupil, one I can claim as my proud student. I will take you through many developmental stages in civ. My strengths are early expansion and wonder production - but I have much to offer in many other areas.

I'm not looking for just *any* student. You will have to get to know me, and I, you - and we will have to play some games for me to gauge your potential. If you do show character and potential, the latter being more important, I will personally train you and vouch for your seat in my tribe - The Black hand.

Interested pupils should mail me at robbie_farmboy@hotmail.com with a complete civ resume and a 500-word essay, "Why I want to become a Civ Great."

In the final stage of the selection, equal weight will be given to your past civing experience, general personal characteristics and the essay. Only one pupil will be chosen.

What I ask in return is your loyalty to my tribe and your loyalty to me. What I hope in return is that you will exceed my civing skills in the future that we will help each other become better players.

Are you serious?

The 500 word essay is classic
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

The selection process should be easy... just pick anybody that volunteers... because you will be lucky if anybody does
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm already a student

but i've more than one teacher. currently i'm learning 2x1x deity at the hard hands of people like ming and rah

'sides, i've had my fill of tribe play for now

and who'd want to write an essay when there's civ to played
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

This can't be serious!

Originally posted by Spartan_RawB
          Interested pupils should mail me at robbie_farmboy@hotmail.com with a complete civ resume and a 500-word essay, "Why I want to become a Civ Great."
          ROTFLMAO!!!

Robbie Farmboy? 500-word essay with that title?

This is very good! We need to be reminded that we spend our lives (or too much of them) on a computer game and (in our own "Eyes" ) claim to be the greatest...

Great post!

Carolus

Comment

aw geez...my word count is only 457....have to go back and add some a's,to's,be's and the's.

does spelling count?
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Logic Lesson

You can "wannabe" a mentor, you can "wannabe" a student, but you can't be both.
              Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Yes, you can.

Just to give one example: A student teacher goes to an elementary school and teaches there for a month as part of his practicum. The associate teacher helps him during his stay there, teaching him how to organize his lessons.

The student teacher therefore has a mentor, but he is also a teacher.

Comment

fair enough arguement.....what makes you think your the teacher by demanding an essay.....three days ago you were looking to be the taught...

if you really want to learn...play some people save every turn and study what they do with their terrain..... god knows some of em never make mistakes....... i mean come on....if your using two computers then you have no excuses for poorly placed cities
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Contact me by ICQ. I'll play you.

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                      fair enough arguement.....what makes you think your the teacher by demanding an essay.....three days ago you were looking to be the taught...

if you really want to learn...play some people save every turn and study what they do with their terrain..... god knows some of em never make mistakes....... i mean come on....if your using two computers then you have no excuses for poorly placed cities
                      LOL. And I'm the player keep making mistakes. Especially with city placement. I remember in one game with Markus and Cavebear, I built a city, then build a warror and discover a whale right out of the city radius (

Comment

About saves for each turn. It helped me to find some "top" player having 25 gold right from beginning. And it was a ladder game. Anyway, he did not claimed of winning me, so I won't reveal his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan_RawB
                          Contact me by ICQ. I'll play you.

I don't see your icq up......so contact me....and i will play you ! Man i am always defending Apolytons honor
                          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I am sad to report that my first game against War4ever has resulted in my surrender. However, I am more glad to report that the second game under way (settings were all dictated by moi hehehehe) is much more even and that I look forward to continuing against this top opponent.

I'm glad to have issued this challenge and I look forward to playing more "greats!"

Comment

Bring it on. I'm open.

I'll play with you!!!.

ICQ# : 123680863

Civ2 Level : Novice

Map Style : Random, Conent

Civ Name : Galations
                              Union : (None at this time)

Civ Happyness :

Civ Power :

Civ Smartness :

Usual child amount per family : 2.5 Children

Other civ aproval :

Civilain aproval :

Civ Crime Rate : None

Wars : 2 Wars (Other civs fault)

Citys Lost : None

Usual City Size : 9

Development speed : Highmed

Tax : 20%

Tech : Most Advanced

Units : 27

Citys : 8

Supply's : Most supplys

Peace : World

Allies : 2

Captured Citys : 2

Most Common Units : Mech inf., Marines, Fighters, Caravan, Spy.

Stage : Modern

Spy Work : Poisoning, Destroying

Comment :
                              "I did i game last night and was the most advanced and happy civ"
                              Owner of "Backwoods"
                              ©Backwoods 1998-2001
                              "Funs our mottoâ„¢"
                              "Backwoods is a software company"

Comment

Working...
                              X