Propaganda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propaganda

Propaganda (attempts to convince an enemy city to join your Civilization)

This meens that you can have a city join you and you do not have to be near it

This is so cool!

i think it does help if your civ is close to the city you're trying to get, and a higerh culture is also in your favor.

do you have a link or something to that stuff about propagnda
    i read this a while ago somewhere but can't remember where ?
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

"This is so cool!"

it is?
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I can just see it in front of my ears... I am Ab Lincoln and the world cheers as I say, "there is no land like America. Don't delay, revolt today, and the land of the free is yours. Oh, and by the way, our taxes are lower."
        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by drake
          "This is so cool!"

it is?
          Why wouldn't it be cool! The new espionage system is gonna be great. And you call yourself a civer (umm, do you? (I mean you're a king on Apolyton...))
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Does anyone know whether a civilization can be split into civil war?
            Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
            "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

absorbing civs through culture just sounds quite dull. Maybe it is just my style of play, but it doesnt sound very exciting. Its like bribing cities in civ2. Don't see how anyone could consider a game run by spies and diplomats exciting.

Yes, hardcore civ fan. And post count hasnt a thing to do with how big a civ fan one is

The highest posters at apolyton don't even play civ. (most of em')

I will wait to see how it really works and then judge it...but it just sounds boring to me.......

Comment

step one: find one city
                step two: steal map
                step three: use Propaganda
                step four: laugh

Bow before the PeaceMongers

Comment

forcing ones culture on another isnt exactly what I would call peaceful

Comment

I find your post funny Drake, because my play style is probably exactly the opposite of yours. I used to try and play other CIV games in a diplomatic style, and of course, I would always be drawn into wars I never started. It's going to be a nice change to be able to conduct diplomatic affairs rather than having to resort to war all of the time.

I'm glad that Firaxis gives us a choice to either be a warmonger or a diplomat.
                    Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
                    "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

this solves the problem of lesser civs so
                      you can consentrate on your equals (if there are any)
                      if there are no equals then I will not bloody my troops
                      on lesser thing that I would raise if I had to use force.

Comment

Originally posted by drake
                        Don't see how anyone could consider a game run by spies and diplomats exciting.
                        I guess the cold war is not your favourite period in history
                        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

I find your post funny Drake, because my play style is probably exactly the opposite of yours. I used to try and play other CIV games in a diplomatic style, and of course, I would always be drawn into wars I never started. It's going to be a nice change to be able to conduct diplomatic affairs rather than having to resort to war all of the time.

I'm glad that Firaxis gives us a choice to either be a warmonger or a diplomat.
                          Diplomacy with ai? I will believe it when i see it
                          One supposedly had that choice in civ2 as well.......

Actually, I'm a very diplomatic player. I enjoy conversating with other leaders and having real discussions about wordly events and issues. I like having opponents who do not kill blindly. Most games I only use force when the underdog players are getting bullied. Outright aggression is something I do not condone.

And however you want to look at it, absorbing other cities for the better of your empire, through war, bribery or culture is naked agression. It just has different faces

Comment

I guess the cold war is not your favourite period in history
                            Nope, it sure isnt

Comment

Did Firaxian rename "incite a revolt" to "propaganda"?

Comment

Working...
                              X