Sid Going Kiddie style??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid Going Kiddie style??

Evertyime I read somethign more about sid meier;s and his games it seems he is getting softer. I hope civ 3 lives up to its hype, but he tlaks about making the games interface really easy for evreyone and the game might be easier. I am not sure but, I think that with sid making Sim games(golf), he is turning towards a new audiance. Sim OGlf is a joke in my opion, put it in yout hard drive for 2-3 weeks and get rid of it. THen his Dinosours game...didn't fall threw but, has to be some kind of kiddy idea to it. I keep getting this poicture in my head Steven Spilberg = Sid Meier's!! lol....but heck, what happened to the civil war games!?!? THis is a bold statement but sid meier's gettysburg is the ebst game I have eve played. THe multiplayer is absouluty perfected!. Been playing for 4-5 years now. I woder where sid is going now?? I can;t see him making anymore far out games like he used to. Civ 3 might be the last????

well, thanks for reading

"kiddy" games may be surprisingly complex. A box of legos can do more than just "follow the picture instructions". The test of a good game is whether the gamer can find something to DO and feel fulfilled that it is worth DOING...

Anyway, Sid can do what the hell he likes. He designs games for the market that he wishes to design for. If you think it's too kiddy, feel free to become a groupie for another game designer....

Comment

Civ III has added the razing of cities and forced labor. I don't think it's a game for little kids. Besides, I think Sid makes games he wants to play. He has the money...
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

hmm

well Rakki, maybe you can kiss my ass because I know Sid can do what he wants, But its his loyal gamers that like to buy his games.mad:

Comment

Re: hmm

Originally posted by wes23
          well Rakki, maybe you can kiss my ass because I know Sid can do what he wants, But its his loyal gamers that like to buy his games.mad:
          I'd watch my mouth around here. He's just stating his opinion; there's no reason to say that.

You are saying that he should make games because he's OBLIGATED to? Because he owes you somehow? Get over yourself. If Sid wants to do something else, that's his choice. I would be disappointed if he stopped, but it's his choice. If you don't like it, kiss MY ass.

Comment

I like to think of Sm Gold as checkers and CivIII as chess. Both games are very complex and require a lot of strategy when played against a good opponent but each seems to have a target audience.
            Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

Originally posted by donarumo
              I like to think of Sm Gold as checkers and CivIII as chess. Both games are very complex and require a lot of strategy when played against a good opponent but each seems to have a target audience.
              Chess is a bit more complex than checkers. I'm not sure how good that analogy is, but your point is certainly valid.

Comment

Hehehe, Sid's games being called "Kiddie style"

Well, here's a nice factoid that could explain things a bit. Sid's son is around 11-12 years old now. It would explain some of Sid's current motivations for making more family oriented games.
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

First off, shut the hell up and listen to people's opinions. If you don't care to get a negative response (something different than what you think), then don't even post here. Hey, Apolyton ran along fine before you ever came here, so I don't see why things would falter if you left.

Basically if Sids' games come out too 'kiddy', lame, or whatever for you then don't buy them, it's as simple as that.
                  However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

About family oriented game, I may wait for several month and give SIMGOLF a shot, after the price going down..

Comment

Working...
                    X