Chips&Bits Pre-order BAD NEWS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chips&Bits Pre-order BAD NEWS!

Just received this response from Chips&Bits, having asked for info on when my preorder of Civ3 LE would ship:

--------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

This title has been delayed until the later part of 11/2001 although please be aware that the date may again change to a later time without notice.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
    Chips & Bits, Inc.
    PO Box 234
    Rochester, VT 05767-0234

Telephone: 802.767.3033
    Fax: 802.767.3382
    EMail: cbiserv@cdmag.com

Our website address is http://www.chipsbits.com

---------------------------------------------

WTF! Anyone else hear anything like this?

Could be they are back-ordered?
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

If the demand for LE has been unexpectedly high they may not have been planning to have 75,000 units ready to ship on 31/10. Cafes around America have been urged to sell more biscuits and return the tins to help make up the shortfall
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Horror stories like that tend to keep me from preordering anything.
        signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Yeah, I've got an order for mine w/ Amazon. I may just cancel though and buy at the store...
          Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

Well I think I will just make sure I am at the shop at just after 9 in the morning to get my copy Race home and put it on my computer...as I will be 'on holiday' from work
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
              If the demand for LE has been unexpectedly high they may not have been planning to have 75,000 units ready to ship on 31/10. Cafes around America have been urged to sell more biscuits and return the tins to help make up the shortfall
              LOL

anyways, I just went in to EB at the mall, and they said I'm first on the list for them to call when they get it in
              no pre-ordering, just getting a call when it comes in

(it just so happened the clerk had the same last name as me as well, lol)
              -=Dave=-
              aka Pangaea
              aka Civ Guy

Comment

my reservation is for the LE at Babbages, i hope this isn't affected
                And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Re: Chips&Bits Pre-order BAD NEWS!

Originally posted by gremalkin
                  Just received this response from Chips&Bits, having asked for info on when my preorder of Civ3 LE would ship...
                  I've learned my lesson in the distant past: Don't pre-order anything from Chips&Bits. They take forever to get items in stock (apparently they are at the absolute bottom of whatever the distribution chain is.......) and then they take a couple days to "Process" orders.

If you want a game with anything resembling timeliness, order from ebworld.com. They ship the day they get games, and usually get games the first day a game is out.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

You should call then and ask what the problem is. You might get lucky and get someone who is competent.
                    The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

I pre-ordered my copy from Best Buy (got a reciept ).

But even at that, I wonder when they will be getting any copies of CivIII in...

Usually, Gamestop (Babbages) gets new games in a day or two before the other retailers in my area, but they also usually charge on average $5 more for their products.

However- if I go to Best Buy on the release day and they don't have any copies in, I will quickly go over to Gamestop; and if they DO have some copies in, I will most likely buy one from them.

Basically then, I will have paid $15 dollars MORE for my copy ($10 pre-order; $5 extra price) if I buy my copy from Gamestop as opposed to Best Buy.

We shall see...

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                        I pre-ordered my copy from Best Buy (got a reciept ).

But even at that, I wonder when they will be getting any copies of CivIII in...

Usually, Gamestop (Babbages) gets new games in a day or two before the other retailers in my area, but they also usually charge on average $5 more for their products.

However- if I go to Best Buy on the release day and they don't have any copies in, I will quickly go over to Gamestop; and if they DO have some copies in, I will most likely buy one from them.

Basically then, I will have paid $15 dollars MORE for my copy ($10 pre-order; $5 extra price) if I buy my copy from Gamestop as opposed to Best Buy.

We shall see...
                        You have, of course, thought this out way too much for your own good.
                        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Well, he hasn't told us the relative driving distances, so if you ask me, some crucial information is still missing.
                          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
                          X