Civ 3 OSX compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 OSX compatability

...fairly straightfoward question. Will Civ 3 be able to run on OS-X, or will we have to use classic?
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

osx runs classic programs anyway right?

well, the interpretation i got from the whole mess where people said it would run on x but not 8.6 and then bradman said it would, was that it would run on both

hope that's coherant

hopefully brad will tell you in intelligent terms because the computer talk confuses me. i'm just glad it will run on 8.6
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Re: Civ 3 OSX compatability

Originally posted by Admiral
      Will Civ 3 be able to run on OS-X...?
      Yes, definitely. I'm doing most of my development work on Civ3 under 10.1. A more generic answer: all current Westlake titles in development and future ones not yet under development will run natively under 10.

Brad
      Brad Oliver
      bradman AT pobox DOT com

Comment

Re: Re: Civ 3 OSX compatability

Originally posted by bradman

Yes, definitely. I'm doing most of my development work on Civ3 under 10.1. A more generic answer: all current Westlake titles in development and future ones not yet under development will run natively under 10.

Brad
        he is so cool

*bows to bradman*

i bet the people in the civ forums wished firaxis answered their questions so promptly (and thoroughly)

Comment

that's the advantage of only having five or six people in a forum.
          "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
            that's the advantage of only having five or six people in a forum.
            hey! we have more than that! it's more like 7 or 8

Comment

we'll have triple that in february.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                we'll have triple that in february.
                onward and upward! nevermind mingy and ashhole

Comment

Will i be able to play a scuccession game with my friends who have PC? A succesion game is where player A has 10 turns, then emails it to player B who plays ten turns and then emails it to player C who has 10 turns etc.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                    Will i be able to play a scuccession game with my friends who have PC? A succesion game is where player A has 10 turns, then emails it to player B who plays ten turns and then emails it to player C who has 10 turns etc.
                    The save-game format is identical, if that's what you're asking. I've successfully started a game on the PC and moved it over to the Mac to continue and vice-versa.

Brad
                    Brad Oliver
                    bradman AT pobox DOT com

Comment

I've successfully started a game on the PC and moved it over to the Mac to continue and vice-versa.
                      Cool. Thanks, thats exactly what i meant.
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                      X