No announcement yet.

Help! I seem to have lost some cities!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I seem to have lost some cities!

After I got the game, I was a bit annoyed about the choices for Civ names, if only for the fact that the Babylonians and the English were never running around loose competing with each other.

I rapidly discovered how easy it was to change the Civ names, along with the leaders and cities. In my latest version, I've gotten as far as renaming the English. They're the Abrbri (Basically, Berbers).

Unfortunately, they're one of the Civs playing against me, (AI) and I've been getting messages asying "Abrbri have moved their capital to ."

I've checked the cities list, and everything seems all right. But I know as much about programming as Bill Gates knows about Syriac.

Obviously something is wrong; can anybody out there say what it might be?

Jim W

Did you change the civ names in the city.txt, too? If you left them as English all new cities will be without name.
    You can use the numbers from 1, 2, ..., 0 to replace city names already used.
    The Lost Geologist Blog
    http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

I believe I have discovered the problem. I had the list of cities listed under the head of 'Abrbri' (singular), while in the other text files I had the proper plural form (Ibrabrin). So the program went looking for a list headed 'Ibrabrin,' couldn't find it, and carried on.

Thanks.

Like I said, I don't know much about programming.

Jim W

Comment

Working...
      X