Osama joins Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osama joins Apolyton

The 'newest member' of Apolyton goes by the name OBL. Is this a name that should be allowed to be used?
    Attached Files
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

ehh, i remember the big controversy over Albert Speer's nick. his i didn't have a problem with but this one is pretty tasteless. .
    i wonder, has he made any posts yet?
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Albert Speer's okay, but OBL isn't?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I never thought Albert Speer's name was OK.

OBL is suspect, but it's an abbreviation that could mean a lot of things, other than the current. Depends on what he posts, etc.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

It's a DL.

OBL account disabled, the account info did relate to bin Laden, and the IP matches with a known poster, whose ass may well be mine by and by, unless I get a real good explanation.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Do I get a bounty?
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Re: It's a DL.

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
              the account info did relate to bin Laden
              should we call the feds?

the guy even sent us a mail cause his activication mail took too long to arrive...
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well, he won't be getting an activation mail, since I permabanned him. I want to talk to the obvious culprit (if you check IP's) just in case there's some excuse. (I know there will be, but I want to see if it's a credible one)

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                  Do I get a bounty?
                  You might get the gratitude of your fellow countryman.

Comment

Who was it?

CivNation?
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

DL are Bad !!

Whilst having a DL deservesa Banning, lets not jump up and down over peoples nicknames, there have been far worse people than Mr Bin Liner. Most Israelis on this site would be outraged to see any of the Nazi Regime names here, but they have been allowed in the past .
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Why is Albert Speer less tasteless than OBL? He is a representative of a regime that took a few million jews and systematically murdered them!
                        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Who was it? Enquiring minds need to know!

Comment

Originally posted by Thue
                            Why is Albert Speer less tasteless than OBL? He is a representative of a regime that took a few million jews and systematically murdered them!
                            aparrently most of those jews werent Americanss .. Thats why it is less tastelss
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Exxxactly.

By the way, perhaps we should give OBL the Edward II treatment.
                              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                              X