X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone Gold says Civ3 officially gold

WooooHoooo!
    Call me Frank.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

how come they know and Firaxis has not mentioned it?

i mean, wouldnt firaxis post something on civ3.com, or surely contact apolyton?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

It says that it will be released on Oct. 30, but would there be any chance that we may be able to get it a few days before then if it is currently ahead of schedule?

Comment

From Gone Gold:

Thanks to Jayson Hill for letting us know the game is officially gold and should be shipping on the 30th of this month.

I kind of remembering Jayson Hill being mentioned by Quicksilver as a represanitive of Infogrames. So maybe this is the truth, although I wish Firaxis would have told us directly either on the forums or on their website.

P.S. Now that you have gone gold, want to tell us what happened to MP?
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Gone Gold is an extremely reliable site, and with a source cited, I think you can bank on it.

Their full statement:
          "Thanks to Jayson Hill for letting us know the game is officially gold and should be shipping on the 30th of this month.

Dominate the world through Diplomatic Finesse, Cultural Domination, and Military Prowess.

More interactions, alliances and realistic artificial intelligence responses put players in the middle of negotiations, trade systems and diplomatic actions. Advanced trade system to manage resources, trade routes and spread of technology.

Improved combat options provide finer levels of control for enhanced war-making capabilities.

Technologies, Wonders Of The World and Great People expand the scope of the game.

New elements of Culture, Nationality and the Arts help players plan a new peaceful pathway to victory.

Active world generator creates more realistic maps and organic terrain features.

The most detailed and beautiful art, animations and sound ever found in the genre.

Easier-to-use interface for streamlined management and better control. "

Comment

if firaxis does not reply to this thread I AM GOING TO...
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Uber,

Yes we know burn down their building...

By the way I like your new quote.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I hope it is gold! But, if it is, it could certainly ship by October 17th, and it should! Do they need a month to put in the box? Give me Civ 3 - NOW!!!
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
                  I kind of remembering Jayson Hill being mentioned by Quicksilver as a represanitive of Infogrames. So maybe this is the truth, although I wish Firaxis would have told us directly either on the forums or on their website.
                  Yep, here he is in an Infogrames press release (not Civ related):

Comment

I always heard it takes around two weeks for them to get it ready to ship, that would still make it land around the 22nd however..

Comment

argh... the time of a (hopefully) good game going from gold to retail is always worse than waiting for the game to go gold
                      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

It does take 2 weeks on an average game, but IFGM may want more lead time since they are printing more copies; I think Diablo II took a month to go from Gold to selling in stores. The stores may have the game on 22nd; but probably won't be able to sell them till the 30th.
                        Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Bastards locked my thread! Argh. Mine was cooler since we were discussing vodka.
                          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Finally! The new era will begin soon!
                            Prepare for the armageddon!

*listening to Ode to Joy (Civ II)*
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

the news have been confirmed by Firaxis!
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X