Gone Gold says Civ3 officially gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

I don't have any additional information on localized versions, all I can tell you is that the UK will be receiving the same version as the US stores will be receiving, and that version is expected on October 30th.
    But would you happen to know anything about whether localized versions will be available together/in addition to with the 'original' (English) version, or not? Or is that up to our local retailers?
    Last edited by Iceius; October 8, 2001, 15:16.
    This thread may contain traces of nuts.

Comment

What about Finland? No retailer is dumb enough to localize a game into some minor language only five million people speaks...
      Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

anyone knows what will be the difference between US and UK editions?
        About 2 weeks (UK e-tailers like http://www.eb.uk.com say 16 November)
        Oh and $50US = £33.75 but UK list price is £35
        And the spelling mistakes will have been corrected. Apart from Civilisation of course.
        Last edited by PN; October 8, 2001, 15:32.

Comment

None. UK and US retail outlets are both expected to receive the game on October 30th.
          Y E S, T H A N K Y O U.

No listening to people screaming they've got the game with a month to go before I get it. No learning every little detail before I play my first game.

All I need now is to learn that it will have hotseat and PBEM out of the box and I will be in heaven.

David
          Last edited by Crouchback; October 8, 2001, 15:59.
          "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Who will publish the game in Sweden?
            Will it be translated?
            Will the original language be left in the game?
            Who will translate it?
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Dan - Will the LE version be released in the UK at the sametime? To ensure I get one I've ordered from Amazon.com but it is costing me alot to do so. If UK shops are getting it then I can cancel the order. Any info would be great. Cheers!
              'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Originally posted by SITS
                Dan - Will the LE version be released in the UK at the sametime? To ensure I get one I've ordered from Amazon.com but it is costing me alot to do so. If UK shops are getting it then I can cancel the order. Any info would be great. Cheers!
                From what I am told, the UK and US shipments are expected to arrive on the same day. Logistically I don't know if this will come to pass or not, but as I stated earlier, the version that the UK will receive will be identical to the North American version, so there is no delay for translation (sorry, you'll have to put up with our Yankee humor and ruffian English ).

I have *NO* other news to report about localized versions at this time, nor do I know if retailers in other parts of Europe will be able to procure copies of the US version. As soon as we know anything more, I will let you know.

Dan
                Dan Magaha
                Firaxis Games, Inc.
                --------------------------

Comment

From what I am told, the UK and US shipments are expected to arrive on the same day.
                  YOU BEAUTY! I owe you a pint!

Well not long to wait now!

Ooooh, I am all excited!!!!
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

So you say that you don't know if the Swedish version will include English or not?
                    I maybe should ask you if the game is small enough to fit two languages on the same disc: Is the game small enough to contain more then one language version, and will it support it?

Comment

my computer is broken and I just came back from vacation and to make things worst im using my dreamcasts browser and it didnt load this page right so i cant read what i'm writing and idont have a dc keyboard oh thepain ......

last ihad heard civ3 was coming out on the 13th whats upwith the 30th?????? well good job on it i just hope you can sell all of them../

nooo
                      well this/took me 20 mins to write...

Comment

Waaaahheeeyyyyyy.... and I thought I was going to have to wait roll on end of October

Comment

Hey Dan, does this mean that the limited edition of Civ3 will be available in the UK as well at the same time?

Damn, I'd better book some time off work to start playing this game
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Unless I overlooked something, do we know yet whether pre-orders will be arriving before, on or after the stores get it on Tuesday, Oct 30?

I have very rarely pre-ordered games (got too many stores locally to chose from) but with the rumor that LE might actually be "limited", I thought we may not see it in the stores (only the SE version).

Comment

Hey, Dan!
                              The FAQ isn't up to date.

What is the status of Civilization III?
                              Civ III is looking good! We're targeting a fall 2001 release and as we get closer to the finish line we'll announce a more specific release date. Right now we're constantly playing the game - adding, tweaking and polishing things as we go along. We'll be posting regular updates on the game's progress on this site, so stay tuned.

Comment

The important message ist that civ3 is gold.
                                I think the update of the FAQ will come soon (probably this Friday

Comment

Working...
                                X