X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing!!!

Thanks Dan!

Comment

So the game WILL be released at same time in Europe?
      Or is it just on the UK?

Comment

October 30? Bah, that's past my birthday by three days. Now I'll probably just receive socks or something.

Comment

Well there's the press release. No new info... damn. What's happening with MP?

Comment

Please Dan, what about mainland Europe?

Please Dan :

Will the game also be available in stores on mainland Europe on the 30th of October ?

( And what about the LE? Or will we get a tech tree in the normal version too? Thats the only reason I want the LE . )
            Live long and prosper !

Comment

well, we'll learn about MP one way or the other

a bit more seriously, i'm confident that we'll have the "apolyton review" of the game before the release
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Please Dan, what about mainland Europe?

Originally posted by Tjoepie
                Please Dan :

Will the game also be available in stores on mainland Europe on the 30th of October ?

( And what about the LE? Or will we get a tech tree in the normal version too? Thats the only reason I want the LE . )
                You would spend 10 dollars for a tech tree?

Comment

Sure, if I'd rate it's worth (compared to any other posters I have hanging) by the times I'll be looking at it, then it will be well worth 10$!
                  Live long and prosper !

Comment

well, we'll learn about MP one way or the other

a bit more seriously, i'm confident that we'll have the "apolyton review" of the game before the release
                    Heh, Columbus Day a holiday? Maybe for the government folks and bankers but all the people who reall ycontribute to the economy are working today.

Also, I wonder if the Apolyton review will be unbiased and list good and bad aspects of the game or just good? I am waiting to hear the "real reviews" of features that are really there, missing, poorly implemented, etc, before purchasing the game and even then I will buy it from EB (one of few stores who has 7 day no questions, refund policy).
                    Last edited by Ozymandous; October 8, 2001, 14:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandous
                      Heh, Columbus Day a holiday? Maybe for the government folks and bankers but all the people who reall ycontribute to the economy are working today.
                      Not when you are sitting here reading and posting all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Rege
                        So the game WILL be released at same time in Europe?
                        Or is it just on the UK?
                        I don't have any additional information on localized versions, all I can tell you is that the UK will be receiving the same version as the US stores will be receiving, and that version is expected on October 30th.

As soon as we have concrete information on localized versions of the game, we'll post it to civ3.com and let all the fansites know.

Dan
                        Dan Magaha
                        Firaxis Games, Inc.
                        --------------------------

Comment

Na na na na na! *whoah!* Na na na na na! *whoah!* Na na na na na! *whoah!*
                          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

What about Europe?

Hello to everyone.

I am very fond of the releasing of CIV III ¡ Viva la madre que os parió !.

But, I neeeed to know when it will be available in Europe, more concretely in Spain.

(¡ Viva España y nuestra Señora del Pilar !)

Please, please, please, please, please, ... please Dan, don't make us wait so much.

I feel a bit frustated without my Civ.

Three hurrays for Firaxis.

Hip hip, hurray
                            hip hip, hurray
                            hip hip, hurray

PDT.

¡ Feliz día de la Hispanidad a todos !. 12-Oct-2001.
                            «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

Well Dan, here in Portugal we NEVER get localized version (Thank God) But I've already pre ordered LE which will cost me 88 dollars with S&H.
                              If the version comes sooner than 30 Nov I will surely cancel my pre-order.

I will not understand why the game won't come at the same time in Portugal. No need for translations...

(For U in Spain and Belgium I guess only localized versions that will come later, but that discussion belongs in another thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Clark

Not when you are sitting here reading and posting all day long.
                                Did I say I was contributing to the economy?

Hey, when your job is to fix end-user's PC's in a corporation it's either feast or famine, luckily it's been famine lately...

Comment

Working...
                                X