This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Clash Web Site URL

[Edit] Thanks to Dan Q, and Tony at Gamestats, we finally have access to the Apolyton Clash site again. I don't know about Dom's schedule, but the one at clash.apolyton.net should be updated sometime in the not-too-distant future. We will leave the mirror site up (url below) in case the main one goes down or has other difficulties in the future. So keep it bookmarked!

We are moving the Clash web site to a new location because we can no longer get access to our files for updating. This problem has persisted for more than a month...

Here is the location for the updated Clash Mirror Web Site. With help from Tony at GameStats hopefully we can get a redirect set up from the old site to the new one. Until further notice please use the mirror site since we have no way to upgrade the old one.

Dom has made several updates to the site, including new versions of the Disasters and Disease models. As usual, if you notice things that need to be updated, please speak up. You can put them here in this thread. I would like all the model leads to check their respective areas of the web site and make sure that the current discussion thread is the correct one, and also that the related thread list is complete.

Thanks to Dom for going ahead and arranging for the new site, and putting all the work into making the move, and the upgrades!
    Last edited by Mark_Everson; October 20, 2001, 09:33.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

When I go to the Clash Forum, I see a frame (with white letters on a black background). When I click on the link to the mirror site, I get an additional frame with white letters on a blue background. Is the black background version the one that we are unable to modify, and hence is out of date? If so is there any way of getting rid of it? I presume that will require a mod to the forum.

The coding entry (in both lists) is horrendously out of date and should be updated, presumably with the D5 Javadocs.

Cheers

Comment

Gary:

As I said above, we're going to try getting a redirect in so the old site just shifts you automatically to the new one. Its just not there yet.

Yep, the coding entry is hopelessly out of date. As are the team list, and status page. D5 gets first priority for my limited time. If you want to be in charge of the new coding information the area is yours .

-Mark
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

This is just to let you know you should read the new bit up top.

Comment

The Clash Web Site

I'm currently fixing/updating the current Clash Web Site (http://clash.apolyton.net). The mirrored site (http://www.cullivan.com/coc) has the current information regarding want needed to be updated. I will soon be updating the clash site. I need to find/work out some things with Apolyton/GameStats. I'll keep an up to date status on what happens to the site right here, so take a look every once in a while.

Thanks,
          Dom

Comment

Pending Updates:

-Government Model v3.2 (~Done~)

-Riots Model v2.0 (~Done~)

-Social Model v3.0 (~Done~)

-Coding The "Society Model" Structure (~Done~)

Awaiting final word for Demo5 ...

~Dom
            Last edited by Dominic; October 21, 2001, 04:29.

Comment

Thanks Dom!

I've sent you several emails with Demo 5 material, and haven't heard anything. I'm assuming you're just busy. But if you see this and you haven't gotten it, please let me know ASAP.

Also, I went to the web site, and the Social Model says its still version 2.0 last updated 6/22/00. Did a file slip by?

Cya,
              Mark
              Last edited by Mark_Everson; October 24, 2001, 18:19.

Comment

Hey Guys:
                I've updated the web site and Demo5 is rollin! Any comments on the site?

Oh and BTW, Great Job on Demo5!

I'm running it on my 500MHz, 384MBs SDRAM, WinXP comp and it works great!

Cheers,
                Dom

Comment

Hey Dom:

Thanks for all the hard work!

On the site: I like the general layout a lot!

But I have to say I Hate the auto-scolling text. Anything that automatically scrolls, bounces around, or actively wrests my attention to that part of the screen makes it very difficult for me to view that page. So Pretty Please, lose the scrolling thing

Comment

Hey Dom:

Thanks so much for losing the auto-scrolling bit!

Gary has put his bit up in the Team thread, if you could add that to the team page, I'd appreciate it.

I know I have a lot of text on various parts of the web page that I need to update. When I am burnt out on coding I will try to do the updates and send them along.

Comment

Dom:
                      I opened a new thread as a continutaion of the Map Generator Model thread (which was full) called Map generator model II.

Mark tells me I have to tell you about it (I am not quite sure why), anyway here it is.

Cheers

Comment

The reason is the web page has links to the current thread in each area. If they're not up to date they're not very useful.

And part of the game is to give him the link url: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=30811

Comment

Comment

Clash Team:

I have had some computer upgrades and need for you to resend me any requests for the web site. I'm sorry for the trouble.

(From: 10/30/01 - 11/04/01)

Please send them to dom@cullivan.com.

Thanks,
                            Dom

Comment

My Clash Website

Occasionally I will post Technology Model stuff such as xml files and spreadsheets on my webpage here at school. I made this page my VB homepage, so you can access it by simply clicking on the "www" link in any of my posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X