ORiginal NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORiginal NES

SO we have anyone out there that still plays original nes games besides myself? any old tetris lovers (or anyone who is actually enchanted by the music [or am I a complete nut?]?).
    I had gotten a game called Shadowgate many years ago. every heard of it? ever played it? if so, how do you get past to forking front door!! lol! i can never figure out how. If you haven't heard of it, it's kind of a predecessor to Final Fantasy, i think.
    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Most get them on emulator , NES system too hard to use

Comment

Re: ORiginal NES

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
      SO we have anyone out there that still plays original nes games besides myself? any old tetris lovers (or anyone who is actually enchanted by the music [or am I a complete nut?]?).
      ...that would make me complete nut too then...

I had gotten a game called Shadowgate many years ago. every heard of it? ever played it? if so, how do you get past to forking front door!! lol! i can never figure out how. If you haven't heard of it, it's kind of a predecessor to Final Fantasy, i think.
      Ah...Shadowgate...a true NES-classic...pretty tough game...and about the front door...?...uhh...I don't remember...

Comment

too difficult to use??!!

i cry this in disbelief. i don't see how you can get anymore basic, especially compared to all the stuff like play station. does NES put out their new system in a few weeks?
        zopper..classic game?? lol...i might agree if i could past, excuse th correction, the front hall. i always get in the front door..but the front hall is locked and i can't get in.
        woo hoo! fellow tetris luver! so you must like the remix by aphex twin?
        "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

I downloaded a NES Emulator, and played a FF1 rom for half a minute before remembering how old and ****y it is, a few weeks ago...

By the way, the original NES controlers had pointy corners and where a pain in the arse to hold.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

pointy corners

yeah..but b/c they were so small, nothing got hurt if you threw them out of frustration. sometimes it's that simplicity that makes everything ok and worthwhile. come on, nobody's cuter than lil mario! and blasting away those annoying ducks in duck hunt! ack!! too fun!

Comment

I remember the anticiaption I felt the Christmas I asked for the NES machine.

It was a great Christmas, my whole family sat around and played Super Mario all daylong. Hmmm, it's one of those things that I really liked about that machine.

Did you ever play Dragon Warrior? I think that's the games name. Or Zelda... great times.

I tired an emulator, and lets just say the games were better in my memory.
              What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Re: ORiginal NES

any old tetris lovers (or anyone who is actually enchanted by the music [or am I a complete nut?]?).
                I used to play Tetris a lot, not any more though. That music is fantastic - I love it. IIRC it's a Russian folk song.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

woohoo

well, if it wasn't a russian folk song, it sure sounded like it. I actually became obssessed with the third choice of songs it offered. It was very ethereal sounding.
                  I never played Dragon Warrior, but i DID play zelda and still have it (although both [we have 2 working nes systems] are at my parents place). I usually played the "girlie" games like Yoshi's cookie, dr. mario, mario 2, tetris, and some bowling game. There was a game called Chysalis i played alot too. I play Kirby's Pinball Land on my original gameboy that i have with me at college all the time. i can't fit a real pin machine in my hole in the wall room.

Comment

ah, memories

my old NES system gave up the ghost many years ago, but brought much entertainment to the family. taking turns in mario to see how far we could get as a group, watching dad shoot from the hip and wasting stacks of ducks....
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Re: woohoo

well, if it wasn't a russian folk song, it sure sounded like it. I actually became obssessed with the third choice of songs it offered. It was very ethereal sounding.
                      Yeah...the third one rocks......some more classics...Faxanadu...Probotector...Double Dragon...DuckTales was cool too ...and of course Duck hunt

Comment

Re: ah, memories

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                        my old NES system gave up the ghost many years ago, but brought much entertainment to the family. taking turns in mario to see how far we could get as a group, watching dad shoot from the hip and wasting stacks of ducks....
                        Yeah...mine's broke too...my mom wanted it fixed so she could play Mario again......and the Duck Hunt rocks..."Zopper with the Zapper!"

Comment

yes too hard to use. some dont' want to use things 12 years old. when a much newer computer can do the same thing for free

Comment

lol

everything recycles itself. i think the 80's are in need of a serious resurrection (except for the clothes. *hurls*). I never played duck tales. you know...you can buy old nes games now for 25 - 50 cents!!!

Comment

Do you know they pirated everything?

Years ago there were these NES ROMs sold around street corners that contained tens or even hundreds of NES games. These games each cost about 1/100 of legal ones.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X