Poll: what should we do with the Mac forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: what should we do with the Mac forums

Considering how little Mac people actually post here, we should come up with some ground breaking scheme for these forums.
    We should use them like we use them now: every week we get another post
    35.71%
    we should actively go out and recruit random people: we'll show those PC types what multoplaying is all about
    50.00%
    We should abandon them completely: within a few days, no one will ever remember that they existed
    14.29%
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Where games have been successfully launched and maintained, posts have been regular. See the examples in the Alpha Centauri section.

Ergo, if you want more posts, get more games going.

Comment

0oo
      Last edited by Wiglaf; December 12, 2007, 15:19.

Comment

Ergo, if you want more posts, get more games going.
        I'm trying. My "ongoing" game seems to have dried up, and after a month, I now have three people interested in a new game.
        "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

geez, i don't think we're in that bad of shape
          Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

okp
            Last edited by Wiglaf; December 12, 2007, 15:19.

Comment

Admiral, et al.:

Are there any other sites where Civ II Macintosh players gather? If so, go to those sites and "advertise" 'Poly as a good place to hang out, so to speak.

I know MacCentral is a congregation point for Mac folks, but I don't know how many of them play Civ II or would be interested in coming to 'Poly. Furthermore, as the release date for Civ III Macintosh comes closer, we may see a natural surge in participation.

I think we have to recruit to a degree, though. MacCentral is about the only other place I hang out to any degree where Mac users predominate.

CYBERAmazon
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

MacAddict and www.insidemacgames.com both have fairly large, potentially civ-interested, mac bases. Cyber, consider this your first field assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  MacAddict and www.insidemacgames.com both have fairly large, potentially civ-interested, mac bases. Cyber, consider this your first field assignment.
                  Wiglaf:

As your senior commander, I'm switching places with you. I'll cheer from the sidelines while you go into the fields!

Bring home the trophy, soldier!

General CYBERAmazon
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

What should my username be, sir?
                    Last edited by Wiglaf; October 7, 2001, 16:29.

Comment

Wiglaf:

How does "Lieutenant (j.g.) Wiglaf" sound?

CYBERAmazon

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of CYBERWiglaf.

Comment

That poll left out an option. . .

Make fun of pcs.

"mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                          Drake Tungsten
                          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                          Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                            That poll left out an option. . .

Make fun of pcs.

that is a good idea.

oh wait, we already got them in *End is Forever*'s thread
                            Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

You should make more advertising on the net I was looking for months for a site that was made for MAC... till finaly I found u guys I am so happy now

Comment

Working...
                              X