3 weeks to game 7 Civs of the week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 weeks to game 7 Civs of the week?

It says it all (hope it isn't a repeated post but someone will tell me if it is...)

Is Firaxis going to post Civ of the week AFTER the game is out (not a good idea) or will the game be out in 7 weeks or we'll have Civ of the Mid-week

Any thougts?

I think Firaxis said that there would be 1 a week, even after the game was released

Comment

The Civ of the Week will continue as scheduled each week until they are finished, regardless of when Civ III ships.

Dan
      Dan Magaha
      Firaxis Games, Inc.
      --------------------------

Comment

Note that the latest news is that it is three weeks from "going gold." That is the date Firaxis sends it to the publisher, not the release date. Should see the game in stores, pre-order shipping around Thanksgiving. Does that give them enough time to do all the civs?
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

The great Dan has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
            Note that the latest news is that it is three weeks from "going gold." That is the date Firaxis sends it to the publisher, not the release date. Should see the game in stores, pre-order shipping around Thanksgiving. Does that give them enough time to do all the civs?
            Note that the latest news is that it is a few days from "going gold." It is three weeks for release. They had said before they would do civs of the week after it was released, and Dan said nothing has changed. Not everyone will automatically buy civ 3, so they need to keep doing civs of the week to keep the civ 3 buzz going.
            Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Re: 3 weeks to game 7 Civs of the week?

Originally posted by Rege
              Any thougts?
              They'll probably do it in the Microsoft style.

First they're going to present all the civs,
              but in last minute they cancel that in silence.
              That's M$ business, man.

Reminds me about other bad things done by M$;
              but that's OT.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

What's the point of doing civs of the week after the release? I guess they may be sorta useful to the casual player looking to buy the game, but all the info will immediately be out on apolyton as soon as people get their hands on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
                  What's the point of doing civs of the week after the release? I guess they may be sorta useful to the casual player looking to buy the game, but all the info will immediately be out on apolyton as soon as people get their hands on the game.
                  You're absolutely right. Everyone that plays Civ, or even considers playing it is a registered paying member of Apolyton. I wonder why they launched the civ3.com site in the first place... It's mad, everything is here. Why do they need a second website?
                  To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

i wonder if after they are finished they might start making new ones that you can download off the site.
                    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Because not only does the Civ of the Week have nice little stats, but a page of history. That's why they will continue to do the Civ of the Week.

The fact that Dan responded to this thread makes me think the October 30th release date is acurate (or somewhat acurate)
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Even after the release date for the game, not everyone will have bought the game. I think it has something to do with continued marketing!

In fact, I'll bet that not everyone who buys the game in the next YEAR will even know about the great Apolyton!

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7

You're absolut++++right. Everyone that plays Civ, or even considers playing it is a registered paying member of Apolyton.
                          who pays for apolyton?!?
                          And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13

who pays for apolyton?!?
                            What do you mean? You don't have to pay? Markos!
                            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

you heard it from me

I suspect that the Civ of the Week series will be finished before Civ3 ships.
                              ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X