This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for Collaborative Scenario-Making

Anyone interested in a sort of Scenario-Making Guild for civ 3? The purpose here is that not everyone is good at every aspect of scenario making. Some are better at graphics, some are better at technical aspects, etc. The advantage then of having a collaborative effort is to pool talent and resources. Someone would approach us with a concept, and we'd make the scenario. First we'd divide the labor, then we'd sort of have a supervisor for each project who would coordinate our efforts. This way, we produce the best-quality scenario in the least amount of time.

Anyone interested? post here or holla at me @ hoekzema@gwu.edu
    "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

I'm interested. Not like I'm very good in any area in particular...

Comment

Im also interested
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

go here for more info: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...520#post509927

Comment

I found this thread closed a few minutes ago. Since no comment has been added and I see nothing against the rules here, I can't rule out that the thread was closed by mistake. Thus I have re-opened it. Please admins tell me what to do. Thanx.

Comment

Hey Jay-Bee, would you be interested in joining?

Comment

well, not at this time, sorry. I am not very enthusiastic about Civ3. Minor things aside that unique unit stuff does not appeal me in the very least.

Comment

Jay Bee, I have yet to wait and see, but i believe that the unique unit feature may offer some interesting uses for scenario developers.

Plus, the ability to place strategic resources at your own will on the map, the (only recently announced) chance to play with 16 civs at a time, and the existence of culture and national borders are some ideas worth a look also, if only for the sake of scenario community. I don't even think I will play more than a few normal games, but I sure want to see what the Civ3 engine will offer to scenario creators.
                "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X