Collaborative Scenario-Making Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collaborative Scenario-Making Idea

Anyone interested in a sort of Scenario-Making Guild for civ 3? The purpose here is that not everyone is good at every aspect of scenario making. Some are better at graphics, some are better at technical aspects, etc. The advantage then of having a collaborative effort is to pool talent and resources. Someone would approach us with a concept, and we'd make the scenario. First we'd divide the labor, then we'd sort of have a supervisor for each project who would coordinate our efforts. This way, we produce the best-quality scenario in the least amount of time.

Anyone interested? post here or holla at me @ hoekzema@gwu.edu

List:

Graphics:
    a) Units/other Sprites: Jason Bedouin
    b) Non-sprite pictures: Hexagonian
    Sound: Indian Jones, Snapcase
    Mapmaking: Hoek, Harlan, El Hidalgo
    Terrain/City/Unit placement: Hoek, Harlan, Rasbelin
    Historical Research: El hidalgo, Case, Mark L, jdd2007
    Rules Editing: Mr. Pleasant, KH, Bill3000, Mark L
    Events: Mr. Pleasant, Mark L, KH
    Documentation: Case, Hexagonian
    Concepts: everyone, but leader is given final say
    Playtesting: Mr. Pleasant, Bill3000, jdd2007
    Last edited by Hoek; October 10, 2001, 18:49.
    "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

I wouldn't mind at all. Anything but graphics/sound. I'm pretty decent working with the editors/rules.txt etc.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Cool...I'm not so hot with graphics either, but I make damn good maps and lay out infrastructure well. I'm also good at unit specs.

Comment

Count me in as well. I have zero artisitic talent, but find I do pretty well with technical aspects, game ballance, etc.

Comment

I can help with the graphics.
          Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
          "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Okay, I'm going to count a running list of who's in and what they're interested in doing at the top

Comment

Pleaseant: what specific kind of work would you be interested in? playtesting?

Comment

Collaborative scenario making is definitely a very real possibility. Just slide over to the CtP2 forum. Harlan coordinated an ENORMOUS collaborative effort that drew from the talent of many people and the suggestions of many more to make a modification/scenario type package that was no less than brilliant.

It can be done with the right individuals, the right attitudes, and a good leader or two.

Comment

I'd be interested in map making. I've loved doing that with Civ2 and CtpII
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I would suspect that our colleagues from the Scenario League would be the core players for Civ3 scenario designing. Just a few of them have more experience than all of us combined. Why reinvent the wheel when we can leverage their
                    custom terrain graphics,
                    AI events,
                    custom units,
                    modified rules,
                    totally custom tech trees
                    experience (which would be very helpful for Civ3)?

Comment

I'd be willing to help in any capacity. I can research some stuff or give suggestions. I think I'd work best on non-historical mods/scenarios though. I'm just too creative, I don't like all the grognards getting on me for not realizing that the 'wonderful and almighty anregouio' could run at a speed of 3 1/2 miles an hour over muddy terrain.
                      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                      New faces...Strange places,
                      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

I'd be interested in map making and historical research. I plan to make a lot of maps anyway, but I'll do some to specification if someone wants.

Comment

just a bouncing crossposting from the AC-creation forum

i'll surely make some scenarios for civ III - but i don't think i'd participate in a guild, group or something else. due to my experiences in the past i'll prefer independence

Comment

Depending on the techniques we have for making scenarios in Civ3, I'd be interested in helping out now and again.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Kraken
                              Collaborative scenario making is definitely a very real possibility. Just slide over to the CtP2 forum. Harlan coordinated an ENORMOUS collaborative effort that drew from the talent of many people and the suggestions of many more to make a modification/scenario type package that was no less than brilliant.

It can be done with the right individuals, the right attitudes, and a good leader or two.

That was WesW, but yeah, MedMod2 was a great acheivement.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                              X