biological/chemical weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biological/chemical weapons

How about instead of being able to build, first you build an ICBM which might require oil, then you have an option of loading it with
    1) a nuclear warhead requiring uranuim
    2) a biological warhead requiring herbs*
    3) a chemical warhead requring gems*
    *Just suggestons of goods

Another thing theyu could do is make a "terrosit unit" that is stealth like the spy and can "plant" all three above in cities as well as do the other usual stuff (destroy improvement, kill units, kill pop)
    Of course the terroist unti would only be available under a new type of government (ie fundermentalist)

The effects of chemical warfare could be to kill half of all stationed units, and make city unhappy

Effect of biological warfare could be to kill a certain number of citizens, (not units) as well as unhappiness, and also make a 10% chance of spreading to another city anywhere in the world that is concceted be road and 25% chance if connected with a trade route

What do u guys think?

Terrorists could be like privateers
    but with the recent events, even if they were in, i think they would be taken out.. anyway,... MODDING!
    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

One word: banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton
        One word: banana.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Neat idea, but I don't think you would need herbs and gems. For biological weapons something like Genetic Engineering would be neccesary. And they have gotten rid of moving spy units. It's all in an Espionage screen which I think is better.

Hopefully they can still plant nukes and such. Civ 3 is about history. What happened on September 11, 2001 was most definetely historic. "Those that do not learn from the past..."
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Genetic engineering would be a good requirement for a bio weapon. and it would be cool if they where added
            Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

there are bio weapons..."poison water supply" options for the spy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo
                there are bio weapons..."poison water supply" options for the spy.
                Sorry, mate, no spy unit in Civ3.
                This thread may contain traces of nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceius
                  Sorry, mate, no spy unit in Civ3.
                  There is an espionage menu, though
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sounds quite reasonable. I don't know if they would have thought of this as the world seems to have been asleep before Sept11 (read more Clancy, suckers), but it does have a place in the game.
                    To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

I believe that don´t need to have fundamentalism to get "terrorist unit".We have examples of terrorists in others types of government during the history...

Comment

Originally posted by Mars
                        Genetic engineering would be a good requirement for a bio weapon
                        Not really. Biological weapons (smallpocks) were already used - on purpose - by the British against native tribes in North America back in the 18th century.
                        IIRC chemical weapons were invented by the French in WW I.
                        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by Ribannah
                          IIRC chemical weapons were invented by the French in WW I.
                          Mustard gas and other chemical agents were indeed commonly used during WWI. It was thereafter that it was banned.

Then of course there is Irak and the Kurds. Irak is not a fanatical country, not religously anyway.
                          To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Don' forget Agent Orange

The US still refuses to sign the treaties about biological (and chemical?) weapons.

It was suggested that Hitler had chemical weapons but did not dare to use them.

For the game I think it is more than enough to have nuclear arms, otherwise it just makes things complicated.

In the dark ages sometimes diseases were spread by the attackers of a city. As was done in the Americas by intentionally distributing infected blankets to the indians. The game does not have a disease simulation model, so these things will have to wait for CivIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Tventano
                              Don' forget Agent Orange

It was suggested that Hitler had chemical weapons but did not dare to use them.

In the dark ages sometimes diseases were spread by the attackers of a city. As was done in the Americas by intentionally distributing infected blankets to the indians. The game does not have a disease simulation model, so these things will have to wait for CivIV.
                              I dunno about Hitler but Japan was working on biological weapons. They had stockpiles of diseases and stuff that they put on planes and (tested) dropping. They even had missions written up to fly into the United States and drop these bombs. Thankfully the war ened before that.

Yah, one thing I have always missed is a disease (and natural disaster) model. The Firaxis team won't do it because they say there's no way to defend yourself. But I think certain technologies would help. Medicine for disease, engineering (and coastal fortresses) for floods, and a good infrastructure always helps.

If the Civ the boardgame has it Civ 3 should too!

Too bad anyway. I'm sure the game will be great anyway!
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X