X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does Civ3 go gold?

Or, has it already? Firaxis? Any info?
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

I don't recall there being any info on this yet. It must be pretty soon though, considering the expected launch date.
    Rome rules

Comment

^^best site for this stuff.

Comment

Thanks.
        Rome rules

Comment

Since that question is already answered, new question:

What is your prediction as to the day that Civ 3 goes gold?
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

^^best site for this stuff.

Has firaxis posted something on that site? Then that's not what i'm looking for. Did ya think i didn't already know all the best computer game sites, or at the very least how to use a search engine? geez
            -connorkimbro
            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
              Has firaxis posted something on that site? Then that's not what i'm looking for. Did ya think i didn't already know all the best computer game sites, or at the very least how to use a search engine? geez
              Well if you know all that then you should know that Civ3 hasn't gone gold yet and that no-one knows for sure when it will go gold.

If someone knew, it would have been news at almost every important game site, since this is the most anticipated game of at least the last several years, and probably of all time.

Comment

I'm guessing October 12th. That should allow just enough time for delivery to distribution on October 30th.

Of course in the rush all those LE tins are going to get lots of dents in them.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton

Well if you know all that then you should know that Civ3 hasn't gone gold yet and that no-one knows for sure when it will go gold.

If someone knew, it would have been news at almost every important game site, since this is the most anticipated game of at least the last several years, and probably of all time.
                  gj pemble. don't be so ignorant connor, thnx.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                    I'm guessing October 12th. That should allow just enough time for delivery to distribution on October 30th.

Of course in the rush all those LE tins are going to get lots of dents in them.
                    I think someone who in the bussiness said about two weeks before release. They have to produces at lease the first run around 750,000 to a Million disks just for the US, Canada, & Mexico.
                    Look like the 17th. Shipping maybe the 28th and 29th.

Comment

products go gold about 2 weeks prior to release.
                      therefore it should go gold about Oct 15/16 given an Oct 30 release date

Comment

Can you read? If so, maybe you should go back and try once again. When you do, I think you'll find that the question was directed at Firaxis. Hopefully THEY know when it will go gold. Not like they'd actually tell us, but hey, ya never know.
                        -connorkimbro

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
                          Hopefully THEY know when it will go gold. Not like they'd actually tell us, but hey, ya never know.
                          Well, if it is in beta testing, then the Gold date is not known until they are done testing. Of couse there is a tentative date, but that has already been moved back 2 weeks, and may be done so again if any major issues arise during testing. Therefore, gold is not known until days before hand (usually celbrated by a big office party after testing is done )

Comment

.. since this is the most anticipated game of at least the last several years, and probably of all time.
                            I sincerely doubt that.
                            Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

since this is the most anticipated game of at least the last several years, and probably of all time.
                              Well we will see by sales but I would think more people are waiting for WarCraft III and it will sell more and they are coming out only a few months in between.
                              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                              X