Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why will it take MONTHS for the game to come to Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why will it take MONTHS for the game to come to Europe?

Even Colombus crossed the Atlantic in just weeks!

Are they going to ship it by Trireme, or sth? And then bring it across Europe, into Greece on foot? (since of course it will take the at least a couple of months extra for that...)

I can't get it! Everybody is talking about huge delays and I'm asking WHY?

Plus there is nowhere I can find official information about non-USA release dates and publishers. What kind of irresponsibility is this? Civ3.com does an exceptional job of hiding any useful information behing tons of useless fluff.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    George Orwell

Re: Why will it take MONTHS for the game to come to Europe?

Originally posted by axi
    Even Colombus crossed the Atlantic in just weeks!

Are they going to ship it by Trireme, or sth? And then bring it across Europe, into Greece on foot? (since of course it will take the at least a couple of months extra for that...)

ROFLMAO, but I agree the delay is frustrating.
    Rome rules

Comment

Order online?

Comment

Re: Why will it take MONTHS for the game to come to Europe?

Originally posted by axi
        Probably because of the other language versions (French, German etc.)

And yes, everybody who cannot wait can simply order the US version
        Blah

Comment

Ordering directly from America can be expensive. On top of the price of the game and postage/packing, you normally have to pay your own countrys VAT (in Denmark 25 % - which the Danish postalservice charges about 7 Euro for calculating!) and possibly import duty as well. Thus I don't care to order from outside the EU anymore. Besides mail from America can take weeks to arive.

It probably is possible to order it in Europe and get it at the same time it is released in America. At least this is the case with DVD's. It may be a problem finding a shop (online or not), that will import the game, though.

I checked eb.uk.com a few days back - they charged £ 35 or so and said ETA 16. nov. Didn't seem very reliable though (the name of the game was not spelled correctly, and there was little information about the game).

Does anyone know of alternative on-line shops, that have lower prices / earlier delivery?

Comment

Where did you hear this?

At least the English version should be released at the same time world wide. Can't be that bloody difficult.
            CSPA

Comment

Slightly OT - The DVD region coding is one of the worst monopolistic practices by the enterntainment industry yet. I hope the US Justice Depertement and the EU Monopolies and Mergers Commision do their job and put an end to these criminal practices.
              Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by shm
                Does anyone know of alternative on-line shops, that have lower prices / earlier delivery?
                I'll order it from amazon.com, they only charge $7 or so, for the shipping, and if they send it on the US release day, i'll receive the game around the 5th of november,...

VAT (in Denmark 25 %
                Unlucky, in Switzerland VAT is 7,6% ,and you only have to pay it when you order for more than CHF100 ($70)

Comment

Where did you hear this?
                  Everywhere in this forum. And this thread verifies my fears.

Probably because of the other language versions (French, German etc.)
                  But here we won't get ANY other language version, only English.

Civ2 had all versions included in the same CD anyway, didn't it?
                  "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                  George Orwell

Comment

Easy axi

The answer to your question is extremely simple.Most of the profits to be made will from the U.S. of A

Comment

I have already preordered Civ 3 from the USA, I can´t wait until the game is beeing released in Europe. But they should release the game worldwide on the same day, that would be most fair to us all!
                      "Beware of the English Empire; the English people are
                      going to rule the world again in "CIVILIZATION III""

Comment

Life isnt fair. And it shouldnt be fair, it should be practical

Comment

Personally I think the delay is carp The port to Engish is not going to require a major rewrite yet there is a delay. And who's stupid idead was it to release it after christmas in England What type of ****ing date is 28/12. If they had release it at the beginning of december there sales would have been a lot higher in England.
                          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I ordered it already, from Amazon. Cheap shipment charges (see other thread). I'm not sure I'll be able to get the LE in this part of the world.

And why does it take so long? Probably because they have to manufacture it over here for copyright reasons, redesign the case (ugly cheap DVD case for Europe) and redesign the manual to fit into ladies underwear (or a DVD case). They probably need to translate the tiny thin euro-booklet too, to make sure that people understand that they have bought a game, not a DVD.
                            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

they hate us eurocoms
                              by the way, is it better to preorder sooner or it does not matter?

Comment

Working...
                              X