This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At long last....

The package I have been waiting for has arrived at my door.

Inside, is the glossy black cover of....

Vel's SMAX Guide, version 4.0

And, having reviewed it one final time for look and feel....I'm very proud to announce that it is indeed, finally ready.

-=Vel=-

Edit - Easiest way to find the book is to do an author search for Hartpence....not many of those around...lol
    Last edited by Velociryx; September 30, 2001, 21:27.
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Yipee! Now I know what my next purchase will be!

Comment

fv
      Last edited by Wiglaf; October 11, 2004, 21:55.

Comment

Thank you guys....thank you! And may I say that it *certainly* makes a handsome addition to my bookshelf!

(not that I'm biased or anything...lol)
        -=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I've been looking forward to this, congratulation!

I'm going to buy that book really soon, the only question I have is what format the ebook is. I'll probably get the paperback, but I wondered if the electronic thingie was good as well.
          -bondetamp
          The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
          -H. L. Mencken

Comment

Oh, what the Hell. I'll order them both.
            -bondetamp
            The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
            -H. L. Mencken

Comment

Twenty four bucks for postage?

Are they shipping the lead proofs with it?

I'll have to wait untill next payday, then.
              -bondetamp
              -H. L. Mencken

Comment

congratulations vel!

is it possible to have a larger image of the cover?
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yay Vel! I'll get round to ordering at some point, but it looks damn good from where I'm sitting though
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                  "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Congratulations Vel for the great work!

Though it looks I'll be playing Civ 3 now, not SMAC .
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I dont play SMAC but..

hey... congrats!

keep it up for civ3
                      And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Morning guys! And again....thank you.....it would not have even been possible without all the debates, conversations, and refinements that took place right here on Apolyton.

You guys rule!

Mark, when I get home from work today, I shall send you the original graphic, which is bigger....I don't think I have a copy here at my work computer, but I shall check, and if so, I'll send it on from here....

-=Vel=-
                        (already makin' plans for a Civ3 Guide, and maybe a few others too....EU, MOO3? Hmmm....)

PS: Bond....You're KIDDING! YOW! I'm sorry man....that's obscene!

Hmmm....I wonder then....I know that GU had a contract with a printer in England....now I'm wondering if that might have fallen thru for them, cos surely the postage wouldn't be so high if it was shipping from England. I shall write to them this morning and see what's what with that.
                        -V.

Comment

Vel, Congratulations! I know how good it is to have a work published, when my poetry book was published some time ago I was really wondered -- how come that I wrote a book?

Now I´m waiting for your Civ3 Guide...
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Congrats! GO VEL' GO !
                            I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
                            LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
                            civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

I've been waiting for this for a long time. I'm going to order the book and the ebook as soon as I get home. Congratulations, Vel!
                              "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

Working...
                              X