Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NS...LOL...you're right! I've got the same version at the house! Of course, I've long been a fan of outdated software (which is why I LOVE the underdogs site!

MarkG: Will re-send the larger graphic to you this evening when I get home, using the alternate e-mail addy !

As to Amazon....sadly, no plans in the works to post the ol' gal there The exposure would be tremendous, but because of the commissions they charge (55%!), to even make it break even, I'd have to charge a criminal amount for it....

But...that's okay too...the real reason I wanted to get her in the shape she's in now....the people I did it for are all right here at Apolyton anyway...

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

You and me both, Vel.

Why don't you arrange to sell it through Apolyton too? Of course, if your contract with BookSurge prevents that, you're stuck. Just an idea to throw out...

Comment

Congratulations, Brother Vel - 'tis a fine piece of work indeed.

(for the record, I have removed v 3.0 from the SC site, and put a link to the publisher's order page instead)

G.

Comment

Ok, I tried and I can see the document now.

One problem, though, it seemed from it, and from your talk earlier, that you had embedded a whole lot of links and bookmarks, but I can't see a single one in the doc!

Could it be that the links was made with a third party plugin, which I have now disabled?
          -bondetamp
          The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
          -H. L. Mencken

Comment

Bless you, Brother Googlie! And thank you....our discussions and debates from long ago (with all of those other 'Greybeards' )were the genesis for the work as she stands now....added to over time as more and more voices came and went here....this work is truly a testiment to all the fine talent on the board!

Bond...yeah... That was the one thing I was disappointed about, and the primary reason for all the delays. They tried valiantly to get the internal links to work properly, but could not, and in the end, we had to remove them....:: pout::

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Vel - your work never ceases to amaze me, and this one's no different. Well worth the wait
              We're back!
              http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Thank ya Mark! And here's hoping that when I'm ready to crank out a Civ3 guide they don't take quite so long!

-=Vel=-

Comment

:shrugs: Oh, it's ok then. A nit hard to read a pdf that long without any sort of indexing, but I'm reading it right now and have been for the past few hours, so it can't be that bad.

It's the first time in quite a while I read the guide now, so I can't really say what is new except for those last few pages.

It is very, very good stuff, even if I disagrees with you on some points.
                  -bondetamp
                  The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
                  -H. L. Mencken

Comment

Hi Vel!

I just bought my very own copy. great stuff and much superior to v3 of the Guide! this sure makes me wish there would be an upgrade to SMAX.

BTW, have you seen the ads for Empire Earth? it's like next-gen Age of Kings. check it out at: www.empireearth.com
                    TeknoMerc

Comment

i just ordered it!

yay - can't wait to get it!!!! it'll be in paperback form.
                      drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

It looks wonderful Vel! I've purchased the electronic version of it but I would love to have the printed version but I'm not prepared to pay the high postage cost. Is there a *cough* way to buy it direct from the *cough* author?

Thanks for all your hard work and for the clarity of your writing. I can't wait till you get your teeth into Civ 3!
                        'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Vel,

I just ordered the paperback version, which will be delivered to my home for just over $20 (US) - a massive bargain considering the long hours of toil you have put into it! Keep up the good work, and I look forward to any other ventures you may have.

Hydro

Comment

Vel=kewl

Comment

Morning guys, and thank you all again!

I still can't quite get used to seeing the bound edge of the SMAX guide sitting on my bookshelf....that's pretty heady stuff!

And I appreciate more than I can express that so many people have taken an interest in purchasing the guide!

You guys rock!

-=Vel=-

PS: SITS - An excellent idea, but I don't actually have any copies--save for the galley proof--that I could sell.... Sorry 'bout that guy.

Comment

Just ordered my copy.

Thanks for all the hard work Vel and all the Apolytonites who helped him with all the strategies.

Comment

Working...
                                X