X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Velociryx
    -=Vel=-
    (already makin' plans for a Civ3 Guide, and maybe a few others too....EU, MOO3? Hmmm....)
    My hat is off to you . I'm only an occasional poster ( mostly a gamer when I'm off!), but I lurk around enough to know that you're a hardworker and we're all behind you...and keep your plans for MoO3, will you?
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

If it is true that the shipping is that much, I'm leaning toward the e-book, but before I buy it, does anyone else know what format it is in? I would hate to buy it and then cannot read it. Anyone?

NS

Comment

Thanks again everyone.....it's FANTASTIC! And I was a bit worried about the cover, but I think they did an excellent job with it! WhooooHOoooo! (Oh, yes....and that reminds me Alex....that's the next thing on the list....poetry anthology!)

Northswordsmen: The e-book is in pdf format....I use the free Acro-reader here at the house to open it with.

-=Vel=-

PS: Heard back from GU....apparently they DON"T have a printer in England....
        -V.
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Thank you, Vel! I appreicate the info. :-). Consider it brought.

Comment

No problem good sir! And thank you for....supporting America's economy? (I think that was mentioned in the thread in OT, LOL!)

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

funny!

By the way, Vel... Look at your "Creating Synergy" posts- I combined your idea with Blakes- it won the game for me, kept attackers from ever reaching my homeland. Thanks for inventing that.

Comment

Heading to read it now! And you're welcome!

Oh....when you get the book, you'll find that very strategy, tweaked and slightly refined, in the "bonus material" section at the back...

-=Vel=-

Comment

In that case, outta my way!

Comment

Whoo hoo! Downloaded the e-book (.pdf, indeed!) and reading the back section on creating synergy. I can tell I'm gonna be a long time at reading this thing! I'm having fun! :-). Thanks a million again Vel, it's worth the very small price of 7.99 for the e-book. Very smooth download to boot. Had no problems whatsoever.

Comment

Congrats Vel.
                      A while in coming but worth it in the end huh!

Comment

Ok, I've bought the ebook.

Now I can't open it!

It seems I'm missing some plugin to my reader. ("FOPN_fLock") Does anybody know anything about this?
                        -bondetamp
                        The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
                        -H. L. Mencken

Comment

Bondetamp, I think you will need to redownload Acrobat Reader. I had a problem like that once, I re-downloaded/re-installed it. Took care of the problem.

Comment

Hey guys! Was doing some research on that at the GU site, and fellow GU author Chip Reed had posted the following:

If you have version 4.05 of Adobe Acrobat Reader it probably works.

If you are using version 5.0 of Adobe Acrobat Reader, try this.

Open Reader, go to Edit, go to Preferences, go to Options, uncheck Certified Plug-ins Only. Press OK.
                            Now shut down Reader and then reopen it.

This seemed to fix the problem for one of my files. But I am still having problems opening another one of my files in Reader 5.0 .

I had 4 orders of my Ebook yesterday, and 3 of the people emailed me with problems opening up the Ebook. This is very frustrating.

I hope the tech staff gets the Ebook working seamlessly with Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 .

I've not had the problem myself, so I can't say if this will help, but it's all I could find....::fingers crossed::

-=Vel=-

Comment

vel, any idea when it will be availiable on amazon?
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
                                Hey guys! Was doing some research on that at the GU site, and fellow GU author Chip Reed had posted the following:

If you have version 4.05 of Adobe Acrobat Reader it probably works.

I had 4 orders of my Ebook yesterday, and 3 of the people emailed me with problems opening up the Ebook. This is very frustrating.

-=Vel=-
                                Vel, I have 4.05b, haven't had a problem at all with reading it. So I guess I'm the one who didn't I guess that says something for having slightly outdated software, lolol.

Bondetamp, my apologies. I guess I didn't know what I was talking about. Sorry, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X