CivIII - Endless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivIII - Endless?

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if you'll be able to play forever in CivIII (as in CivII). Will a box pop up after you win asking if you want to keep playing?
    Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton

I'm positive that will be the same as Civ2. Even though, I don't have any real proof to actually prove my previous statement.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Don't see why not. It would be quite a letdown to be just about to wipe out an archrival when the spaceship lands - and not be able to finish the deed.

Comment

i hated that box. made the gameplay so unimportant after, what was it... 2020? ;]

Comment

oh come on. the nuclear holocaust alwways happens around the 1800s.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
            oh come on. the nuclear holocaust alwways happens around the 1800s.
            True, True!!!

I always got a nuke around 1600 and 1700!!!
            "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
            "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Re: CivIII - Endless?

Originally posted by Random Entity
              Just a quick question. Does anyone know if you'll be able to play forever in CivIII (as in CivII). Will a box pop up after you win asking if you want to keep playing?
              I think the replay value of the Civ genre is much more important than the ability to proceed meddling FFS without gain nor purpose.

Comment

Re: Re: CivIII - Endless?

Originally posted by Grim Legacy

I think the replay value of the Civ genre is much more important than the ability to proceed meddling FFS without gain nor purpose.
                I agree with you that every new game one starts has to be fun.. without repetition (other than the obvious ).

I don't understand tho what you mean by 'FFS' or the without or gain statement. Could you please explain for me what you mean by it?

Thanks

Aco (playing never ending games)

Comment

Re: CivIII - Endless?

Originally posted by Random Entity
                  I hope so.
                  Rome rules

Comment

Re: Re: Re: CivIII - Endless?

Originally posted by Aco

I agree with you that every new game one starts has to be fun.. without repetition (other than the obvious ).

I don't understand tho what you mean by 'FFS' or the without or gain statement. Could you please explain for me what you mean by it?

Thanks

Aco (playing never ending games)
                    Ahem, it is shorthand for the not very elegant expression "for f*ck's sake". In other words, playing just without reason; all has been researched, all buildings built, all enemies at least rendered powerless, and the final score is already given. It just seems a futile exercise to me to play on after that endpoint.

Comment

I play until the extremely powerful AI (I let them get big for a challenge) stops coming after me after I split their empires in half over and over again. Or until I capture so many cities that the game is just trying to bring the cities up to speed.

I hate only having 6000 years (In retrospect I see how stupid that sounds. ) of recorded game time. I wish the powergraph would keep going anyway.
                      "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                      "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                      "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

This was in SMAC; I see no reason why it won't be in civ3.

Comment

Working...
                        X