X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steelehc
    NCC No City Challenge

I don't mean to sound ignorant (too late) but what the hell is this? You play with no cities? IDTLTSTGFITP!

It Doesn't Take Long To Spot The Gaping Flaw In That Plan

Steele
    Got to get that goodie hut
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
      NCC No City Challenge

I don't mean to sound ignorant (too late) but what the hell is this? You play with no cities? IDTLTSTGFITP!

It Doesn't Take Long To Spot The Gaping Flaw In That Plan

Steele
      Exactly. You just pop huts, get units from them, and conquer. You disband any cities you conquer ASAP. Apparently it is possible to win this way, at the very beginning, before AI has started to build up. Ive never tried it. It is also a good way to learn about hut popping strategies, I guess.

LOTM
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: NCC

No cities. Damn. I respect anyone who can do that. I am lucky to get five-six units from huts. Well, you learn something new every day...

Steele
        If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

You need to be on one continent.

Comment

hey, i didn't know my thread was topped
            i really should check the general forum more often, well i guess i really have fix the layout now....
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
              hey, i didn't know my thread was topped
              i really should check the general forum more often, well i guess i really have fix the layout now....
              It wasn't topped when I made that last reply.

Comment

I've fixed the layout. Attached is a textfile (give it .txt) with the entire table area. This time I comment all newlines instaed of making it one single line, as this looks better.
                Attached Files

Comment

What about this!!!! ? - WAT

It has a double meaning and is comical.

Comment

wonders

Could we also include a list of acs/abs used for wonders, I often read threads with people abbreviating wonders. I can never seem to guess.

eg:
                    Leo's
                    NTOG or Newton's
                    GL
                    Pen
                    HS
                    HGOB
                    etc. etc.

Comment

OK, I know this isn´t technically a abbrev. but what about "trolling"? What does it mean? I´ve seen it a couple of times on the board, and I suppose it has something to do with spamming/flaming and such. Enlighten me please
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
                        OK, I know this isn´t technically a abbrev. but what about "trolling"? What does it mean? I´ve seen it a couple of times on the board, and I suppose it has something to do with spamming/flaming and such. Enlighten me please
                        Trolling - Deliberately posting off-topic or provocative material to a forum, message board or newgroup with the deliberate intention of creating a flamewar and disrupting the discussion. More broadly some use this term for any repetitive off topic posting. The precise definition can get quite controversial in some forums.

LOTM
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

OK, thanks, LOTM!
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

GICUCLAMAIWTWBFFSBTSSMABTWIGWORNIOTPAGOSMCTSIYPEMA YUIHBTTDTTTCUWSA

(Great, I can use caps lock as much as I want to without being flamed for shouting by those some silly morons. And by the way, it's great weather outside right now. I'm off to play a game of Sid Meier's Civilization three, so if you'll please excuse me, as you understand I have better things to do than trying to come up with silly acronyms...)

Comment

ECS: "Eternal China Syndrome"

refers to the ability of a big Civ to exist pretty much undisturbed for 6000 years.

It was first used in the List discussions where some bright light was on about simulating the 'rise and fall of empires' or something.

It was out of those discussions that the conversations on Culture, Religion, etc grew and thus indirectly that the abomination of Culture Flipping and Resistors came about (all though the way it sounded in the list was a lot better)
                              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredric Drum
                                I have better things to do than trying to come up with silly acronyms...)
                                IHBTTDTCUWSA
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X