Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Germans get an additional CU, what should it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Germans get an additional CU, what should it be?

Should the Germans get an additional CU, what should it be?
    U-boat
    56.25%
    Grenadier
    3.13%
    Teutonic Knight
    34.38%
    Stuka
    3.13%
    other, please specify
    3.13%
    Last edited by Saint Marcus; September 8, 2001, 14:03.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

You are missing one choice in the poll, namely "The Germans should not get an extra CSU."
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

it's more for modpacks than for the "real" game.

Comment

If it's for modpacks they can get them all

What's a grenadier (in a German context, that is)?
        CSPA

Comment

They used subs way more than anyone else (till modern times when they were divided yada yada) so the u-boat would be cool
          A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

since the allies liked those U-boats in WWII so much I think they are important enough to be the special Unit.
            ==>or maybe as a special unit V1/V2!!!!!
            since they were the nightmare of WWII and as far as I know not many other countries were using them
            ==>Why aren't they in the poll!!

Shade
            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I voted for Teutonic Knights. I know German units are known mostly from WWII, but remember the correlation between CSU and Golden Age.

IMHO Middle Ages were the time of Germany's Golden Age (Holy Roman Empire etc.)

On the other hand - WWII as the German Golden Age ?!?!?
              The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
              - Frank Herbert

Comment

If it's for modpacks they can get them all
                True, but which one do you think is more important?

What's a grenadier (in a German context, that is)?
                Mech Inf

Why aren't they in the poll!!
                Sorry!!! But it seems a bit sadistic to have Vengeance weapons (which they were called) trigger a golden age.

Comment

Sorry!!! But it seems a bit sadistic to have Vengeance weapons (which they were called) trigger a golden age.
                  ==>And the use of other weapons to trigger a golden age is not sadistic????
                  (remember all goldenage things will be triggered by millitary victory )

WWII (and the period before) was the time when Germany got Industrious,All(great deal of them) highways were build in that period(what made their Blitzkriegg possible),...German economie got quite a boost in that period.

Shade
                  PS:Now I am sure they should have been in that list.
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

==>And the use of other weapons to trigger a golden age is not sadistic????
                    (remember all goldenage things will be triggered by millitary victory )
                    No. Other special units were mostly used to defeat other units. The V1 to V3 weapons were designed specifically to decimate british cities. They didn't attack military targets, but were solely used as terror weapons of mass destruction.

Comment

Everyone knows krautrockers Kraftwerk and Neu! are the only good things ever to have come out of Germany. Oh, military units? Not a clue. Never was interested in pointless details like that.
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

OK that was something else then I thought you meant,In that context in can understand.

Shade

Comment

I voted for the U-Boat... This is supposing that the Holy Roman Empire was controlled mainly by the Spanish, French and Italians.

...Perhaps a slightly wrong supposition, but a valid one nontheless

Germany nearly conquered the world in WWII, how can you say that it cannot be considered a golden age
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
                            Everyone knows krautrockers Kraftwerk and Neu! are the only good things ever to have come out of Germany. Oh, military units? Not a clue. Never was interested in pointless details like that.
                            You must have missed Rammstein They even do a remake of a Kraftwerk song

I voted for uboats btw
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

i went to a rammstein concert in August

heavy stuff

i was moshin and got kicked in the head
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X