Minor Wonders and Civ 2 wonders that are wonders no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Wonders and Civ 2 wonders that are wonders no more

More or less, basically, for all intentions and purposes Confirmed* Minor Wonders in Civ 3 out of a possible 24
    -Ironworks
    -Heroic Epic
    -Grand Cathedral
    -Great University
    -Military Academy
    -CIA
    -Internet

Can anyone else help me out here? These are the only ones that come to mind.
    In past threads there has been much discussion in terms of Civ 2 wonders that would made into generic minor wonders. So with the confirmation of Grand Cathedral and Great University as Minor Wonders, it's safe to say good bye to Newton's College and J.S Bach's Cathedral. It's too bad really, i'm actually was quite fond of both of those wonders, being a big fan of Bach's oldschool phat beats (Fugue in G Minor baby!) and Newton had one of the cooler wonder movies (that little red apple at the end was so poetic!).
    It will be interesting to see any posssible new Major Wonders, as there being only 12, they are going to be rather limited, if they are still going to keep some of the classics.

*Note "confirmed" in this context means "kind of, indirectly confirmed"

*Edited to appease Lady Ribbanah *
    Last edited by monkspider; September 5, 2001, 02:57.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

I have heard of a Great Canal being in the game, but haven't seen confirmation of this from Fireaxis.

Comment

I think I remember reading that the Pentagon is a minor wonder and is in the game

Comment

I am wondering whether the minor (small) wonders will have generic names (i.e. just "great epic") or will they have different name in different civilisation - so we would have "Ramayana" in India, "Chanson de Roland" in France or "Illias" by Homer in Greece.

I think it would be cool and not so hard to implement (like the titles of monatchs in Civ2). FIRAXIS please make it so
        The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
        - Frank Herbert

Comment

The Pentagon is a minor wonder.
          None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Re: Minor Wonders and Civ 2 wonders that are wonders no more

Originally posted by monkspider
            Confirmed Minor Wonders in Civ 3 out of a possible 24
            -Ironworks
            -Heroic Epic
            -Grand Cathedral
            -Great University
            -Military Academy
            -CIA
            -Internet

Can anyone else help me out here?
            If you say confirmed, please give your source!
            So far I have only read about Ironworks, Heroic Epic and CIA as minor wonders, possibly also the Trading Company which is the ony one that can be seen as being built in one of the screens.
            A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
            Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

correct me if i am wrong, but i believe the manhatten project (or some form of it) is also a minor wonder.
              Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

Fair enough Madam Ribannah!
                10 out of a possible 24
                -Ironworks- (as cited by CG article)
                -Heroic Epic (as cited by CG article)
                -Grand Cathedral (as cited by CG article)
                -Great University (as cited by CG article)
                -Military Academy (as cited by CG article)
                -CIA (Gencon demo)
                -Internet (this one i can't recall exactly where i read this one, can anyone back me up?)
                -Trading Company (Screenshots)
                -Great Canal (old interview, does anyone know the location any more)
                -Manhattan Project (possible interview as well?)
                -Pentagon (interviews, message board posts perhaps)

Granted my documenting sources are amateurish at best, but that's a little better at least, do you not agree my fellow Hiawatha lover?

In any event, some of these fall under the "common knowledge" category in a way. That's to say, we know they are in the game, but we can't remember where we got that info.
                Are there any others that I have failed to list? After putting some heads together we have nearly compiled a list of half of the wonders presumably appearing in the game!
                Good work my fellow Apolytonites!

Comment

I remember to have read somewhere that the Apollo Program and The Great Wall are also minor wonders but I cannot cite a specific source

Comment

-Pentagon (interviews, message board posts perhaps)
                    There is a screenshot of a city view in which the Pentagon is clearly visible.
                    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Yep, and it's big and outside the city, and has a unique name, all of which suggests it is a major wonder, not a small one.
                      A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...

Comment

-Grand Cathedral (as cited by CG article)
                        -Great University (as cited by CG article)
                        -Military Academy (as cited by CG article)
                        Since I haven't seen this Computer Gaming Magazine , could you give some quotes? Maybe someone can scan the article - no wait, that would be illegal.

Comment

Hey Rib,
                          I tried my best to scan it. You can kind of make out Grand Cathedral in the lower right hand corner as what is being built. Great University however, which is being built by one of the other cities on the screen is virtually impossible to make out.
                          Sorry!

Comment

I guess the 'Solar System' (http://www.civfanatics.com/cgi-bin/a...16-16-2225.jpg) is also a minor wonder.
                            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Working...
                            X