trying to make custom graphics ... sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to make custom graphics ... sort of

I start with angels.pcx, with my faction and start a game and it works fine. I want to change the leader pics in the file to something else. I paste the pic I want directly over the image of the leaders pics. When I load the game, a picture of Diedre shows up, and the unit flags are all transparent. ???? All I did was paste over the leaders pics. Is it the PCX editor Im using maybe??? Im using IrfanView. For those with success in this area, what editor do you use ?

TIA
    I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

Turns out that I used LVIEW. Save current color palatte, pasteyour new images, load the previously save color palatte, and the problems descibed in previous post are eliminated.

Now my bases show up but the backgound in not transparent around the base icon. I found this to be odd since I did not change the base ICONS in ANY way. Im thinking maybe it has somthing to to with the color palatte save I reverted to ?? Anyone now how to fix that ??
    I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

Comment

Here you go! I solved this problem recently for myself and will now post it to you and anyone who wants to create custom factions.

All you need to do is load this zipped palette up in the pcx file, make everything in the background the colour of PINK (the last colour on the palette) and voila!
      Attached Files
      ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
      ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Graphics Editor?

Hi Cyber,

what graphics editor do you use?

TeknoMerc
        TeknoMerc

Comment

I use Paint Shop Pro 7 (Trial version )

This editor work OK to me and I do everything with it, although it took me a while to use things like layers and stuff.

If that seems unfamiliar, try Adobe Photoshop or any other good graphic editor. Try getting any trial versions of demo disks, if you want .
          ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
          ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Working...
          X