Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again...a STRATEGY GAME needs Strategy....Insert Missile Targetting like in CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again...a STRATEGY GAME needs Strategy....Insert Missile Targetting like in CTP2

Once again a new (old) topic...

Since I think the discussion of kornXXX went a little far of subject or so, i decided to post it again, since I think this is a buy and game playing depending option in strategical senses!

A stragety game needs this feature like a
    3D Shooter needs 3D Guns!!

By now I am delighted with Call To Power II and I love this game! Its brilliant....Nukes can be targetting and auto-launched in case of a nuclear strike by the enemy!! This is history, although (thank God) never happened!

AND: Intercontinental Missile must at least have 40 movement points to be SENSEFUL!!!

Also I'd like to have Spys being REALLY good in Communism and Democracy when facing each other!

I like Spys doing Assassinations on Leaders and "blowing" them into Anarchy and Unhappiness ("cultural doubts").

Think about it, before you claim making "the best strategy game ever" and mess with games already there (CTP2)

Far as now...I'm exciting and a little unhappy about whats coming...lets see if its worth buying or rather just "copying"

YES...a main strategy game factor!
    42.86%
    Yes why not ?
    28.57%
    Not really necessary but nice!
    0.00%
    Who needs Missiles ?
    28.57%

ctp 2 sucks

Comment

never played CTP2, cant fight for or against it.

leader assinations? maybe. sounds like a decent idea if its not abused.

targeting nukes? sigh. we had this discussion again and again.

civ3 is basically done. theyre not going to add anything major.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Civ3 will include two kinds of nukes:

Tactical Nukes: Like the civ2 ones

ICBM's: Can hit anything, takes two turns so that the enemy can fire back.
        My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
        My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

Originally posted by hetairoi22
          Civ3 will include two kinds of nukes:

Tactical Nukes: Like the civ2 ones

ICBM's: Can hit anything, takes two turns so that the enemy can fire back.
          Both sounds good...

the 2 turn rule is a good replacement for the MAD factor and it kinda is better too! cuz it "saves" some PC memory

Next thing........

what about: Missiles NON nuclear-natured ? like
          the loved Cruise Missile oder Tomahawk...

PS. when you say "CAN HIT ANYTHING"...do you mean, it can hit anywhere (i mean the range) ???

PPS: Where can I launch my Ballistic Missiles from ???

Comment

Working...
          X