Triumph to Horsie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph to Horsie

As many may recall, Alexander’s Horse campaigned to get cities of the mountains in civ3 and despite all your ridicule he prevailed. Jeff Morris just confirmed that there won’t be mountain-top cities in civ3.

Congratulations Horsie.

And I supported him back then you know.

*elbows himself through the crowd for a place in the spotlights*
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

I'm not sure we should congratulate him. Instead of cities, there will be colonies on mountaintops. WTH!

And, of course, the way the civ3 tree looks we should now call him Alexander's Wheel
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Sure Horsie deserves congrats, the poor chap took a lot of abuse and his battered self-confidence needs a boost.

I think he ought to quote Jeff in his signature...
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

a late victory....

will the discussion star again?

well, it's been 18 months ago, high time for a new dig-out

Comment

Odd, I suddenly have the strange feeling that colonies will be the equivalent of the depots in railroad tycoon. A small site that can be used for collecting and ferrying resources.

Well, AH got his wish, now what's in store for the stats fans?

Gimme gimme gimme!...
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
            Odd, I suddenly have the strange feeling that colonies will be the equivalent of the depots in railroad tycoon. A small site that can be used for collecting and ferrying resources.
            Never played the game, how did depots work? Were they a good feature or unbalanced like supply crawlers in SMAC (as the AI never used them correctly)?

Comment

methinks that CapTVK meant the railway stations in it, where you would pick up the resources you'd ferry. They didn't have population (oh really ) just the goods to transport. So maybe a colony wouldn't have pop and not grow but it could extract resources from, maybe three squares? And maybe it could be able to extract from more squares with technology or such.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

well, if that is how those stations work, then you can possibly compare them to colonies...

check out http://www.firaxis.com/civ3

here you choose "Game Update" from the menu at the top and they'll show you a tutorial on colonies.... it's done in a nice way, watch it!

Comment

Yes, it's about time they release something about statistics

In RRT depots were stations with a radius of just one tile, you could store goods there to transfer them elsewhere but they also extracted whatever industry and towns within that radius, but I’m not sure how that’s connected to colonies... and even less I’m sure how that’s connected to mountain-top cities and Horsie... you bunch of big evil threadhijackers!

Hero Horsie, come quick before they start the umpteenth debate about the road graphics.

Comment

As the sun is rising down under. AH is waking up to a day of triumph. Little did he know that one of his typical trolling threads would be in the ultimate in pleasure.

RAH
                    While the rest of us get sick in anticipation of the gloating that will presently follow.

Whatever that smiley means.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Waiting impatiently for the glorious entry of Horsie

"As the sun is rising down under. AH is waking up to a day of triumph. Little did he know that one of his typical trolling threads would be in the ultimate in pleasure."

I'm not so sure he was trolling... maybe it was just his marvellous intellect or his impressive foresight.

No seriously, I recall that he said some time ago that he got an email from Firaxis stating there wouldn’t be any mountain-top cities, but I’m not sure he was joking back then...

Comment

Horse is having a stiffy

I think at the moment it represents Horse's physical state

Comment

why are people posting simultaneously to me?

that smiley, rah

Comment

I was referring to his "it's just a game folks" thread.

He's always been serious about the mountain top issue.

RAH
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Horse has always been a spammer, that's all

riiight

Comment

Working...
                              X