Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want civ3 to come out earlier, with more bugs, or later, with less bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want civ3 to come out earlier, with more bugs, or later, with less bugs?

Well,

my oppinion, is, "Civ3 comes out later, less bugs".

The reason being is that they will follow in Blizzards footsteps...Blizzard is reknowned for all of their games...Warcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, Starcraft, Starcraft: Brood War, and soon to come, the anxiesly awaited Warcraft III. My point is that each game is so well done, because blizzard spends more time on the game, in perfecting it to the last detail, even if that means the game must wait another 3 or so months to be released.

I just hope that is what firaxis does. I don't want an early released game that has so many flaws that you consentrate more on those, then the actual game!
    Civ3 will come out later, with less bugs (perhaps early 2002)
    70.00%
    Civ3 comes out earlier, with more bugs (perhaps late 2001)
    30.00%
    Last edited by Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto; August 2, 2001, 23:41.

i agree with you completely diablo...not only do they get rid of bugs, they can iron out gameplay concepts and insure a better balance between strategies

Comment

I didn't vote. I think Firaxis will be releasing it soon without a lot of bugs anyway. I trust them to do it right.

Comment

Firaxis haven't released a game for nearly 2 years now. They may be (although I'm really speaking out of my arse here) in quite a cash strapped situation. And Jeff Morris said they've got a deadline....so I think the game will be out in October - sooner, rather than later, as it is.
        If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

I don't want any bugs in Civ 3. If it takes them another 30 years, then let it be.
          Alex

Comment

I would be nice NOT to post same polls every 2 months.

Comment

I voted earlier with more bugs for two reasons:

1) If it comes out earlier I get my hands on it earlier,

and

2) Once it is in public hands bugs will surface more quickly, and thus will be able to be fixed more quickly, and so we will get a 'bug free' game through patches faster than we would through further time in development.

If it comes out earlier with more bugs, those who want it later can always just not buy it until the patches are done, but if it comes out later with less bugs, people like me can't play it even if we don't mind a few bugs.

Comment

I don't think Firaxis will be in a cash strapped condition once SidGolf hits the market in October. Also this deadline thing is more or less set by Infogrames and not by Firaxis, so the real determining factor is Sid. Would Sid want a bug-ridden game attached to his name, or would he want it all straighten out first?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

i would have voted for later a while back, but now i just want the damned game already.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

*Bump*

Comment

Why bump? It wasn't a popular thread before..... why now?

Comment

Working...
                      X