I'm not surprised that Firaxis ceased to post on apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not surprised that Firaxis ceased to post on apolyton

I wouldn't post any bit of information as well to a bunch of yin-kids that are only crying and weaning about everything we say anyway.

Thanks to the pessimistic crew that pherhaps made Firaxis decide to ignore Apolyton from now on since every minute spend on Apolyton is a wasted minute.

thanks again

and if you're bored again (busy busy people) go out and write another pointless review and all that.
    Of coooouuuurse you'll say that it's only critic to make the game even better

of course ! but why don't you create your own website to provide Firaxis with your *constructive* critics ?
    Please leave the crap from overhere (unless you have something to say that actually does make a point)
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Thanks to the pessimistic crew that pherhaps made Firaxis decide to ignore Apolyton from now on since every minute spend on Apolyton is a wasted minute.
    Simply doesn't make sense, you know. Firaxis has made its own problems by not dealing with the public. You might blame me, of course, but that's silly. Any company that can't handle some criticism --especially when THEY have kept silent so long to begin with-- shouldn't be posting here anyway.

The fact is, Firaxis is failing you, and you want someone to blame.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

i agree with yin. firaxis should tailor to us not us to them. we are their fans and give them money. they give us games. we try to help them make games better by criticising them. the point that firaxis isnt talking to us doesnt surprise me.... its the length of time that they have given us the cold shoulder that does.
      Second official member of OfAPeCiClu [as of 27-07-2001 12:13pm]: We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!

Comment

They do not need to post on Apolyton any more, the game's elements are already in place and all that is left is tweaking the game, making it look good, and making sure it runs.

From now on any posts on Apolyton or web site updates are strictly for pr and marketing purposes. I am not upset that they are not posting here, but I am a little interested in why there really has not been a single update on their website in a long long time.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

How to make us positive

if firaxis decided to hold a civ3 chat like they did for sim golf, all they would hear would be praise at the break in the silence that has sourronded the game since the middle of may. i never heard that much bad stuff about the game until firaxis put their web page manager on permament vacation.

no news is bad news and mob is getting restless

Comment

There's been no silence at all.
            We've had new screenshots past week, new movies etc. etc. etc.

Of course I'm not sure if they don't post because off......
            All I can say is that I wouldn't post any info among a bunch of kiddies like you guys.

Any company that can't handle some criticism
            Yin, do you really take your own criticism seriously ?
            Of course they don't take it anyway, since again, your criticism is based on nothing but speculation.

You break down the game they're working on only based on speculation ! It's not only childish, it's rude and stupid as well.
            Imagine you're working on something, you've tried to keep close contact with your fans, you even read a big list of wished carefully, you post now and then on their messageboards (wich is very rare among game producers to do on a very regular base) and all those "fans" do is break down every line you say ?

its the length of time that they have given us the cold shoulder that does.
            3 weeks...... too long ?????
            it's more like some people overhere are too much living for civ3 and every day they don't get any new information is a lost day for them.......
            3 weeks is not too long, for sure not.

if firaxis decided to hold a civ3 chat like they did for sim golf, all they would hear would be praise at the break in the silence that has sourronded the game since the middle of may
            correction: middle of june.
            And I"m sure they WILL hold a chat when time is ready.

no news is bad news
            the famous line should be: "no news is good news"

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
              From now on any posts on Apolyton or web site updates are strictly for pr and marketing purposes. I am not upset that they are not posting here, but I am a little interested in why there really has not been a single update on their website in a long long time.
              Not that long. The website was updated with the E3 stuff. Just not much new info on the game. Maybe there's nothing new to post?

I guess a screenshot now and then can be nice...
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's not only childish, it's rude and stupid as well.
                Hmmm. Cyber is trying new tactics on me! Nope, I will continue to be civil with him since I can already see his evil plans to throw me off my course! Back! Back! You rogue!
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

aaah, you're going to use the 'open microphone' tactic, by quoting out-contexted lines from me to make me look silly.

I concider that to be another victory to our realistic club since you appear to have no relevant arguments against my facts.
                  Of course I will continue to fight your arguments and I won't start a personal war. I hope you won't either, but looking at this first attempt makes me scared

Comment

Mr President,
                    Realistically - last update on firaxis site was may 11. that is all that counts. forget about e3 dark booths and all the stuff.
                    no more, no less (here's another moto for you...)

Comment

That's right mr First Member,

on the other hand we got some new animations and screenshots and Dan's word that he's working on the official civ3 site !

I think it's very realistic to state that we indeed don't get much information these days, but we are sure they're working on it.

Comment

hm, this was posted a couple of minutes ago
                        While I can't say what the "official" requirements are for Civ3 (I don't know what they are yet), I can say that I am developing it on a system running Windows 2000 and it definitely runs in 2000.what do

Comment

sorry, this was posted by mike from firaxis. now what do you recon this suggests? i mean, some people might know it better, at what point is one sure about game specs?

Comment

The fact that you say most companies dont post as much as Firaxis is true Cyber, but don't we deserve it? Civ fans are some of the most hardcore there are. I think some guy in Cali started some sort of cult around Sid
                            Second official member of OfAPeCiClu [as of 27-07-2001 12:13pm]: We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!

Comment

hm that particular one should be fed to the dogs

Comment

Working...
                              X