Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silence breeds pessimism (subtle message for Firaxis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silence breeds pessimism (subtle message for Firaxis)

Have been noticing as I cruise the forums over the last few weeks, that the longer we go without hearing some new information about Civ 3, the more pessimistic the posts get. You would think that Firaxis would keep feeding us crumbs to keep us salivating like Pavlov's dog over the game. Instead I think people are just getting discourage and tired of speculating about this feature or that. I know I am.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Come on Firaxis, throw us a bone - Finalize something!
    pretty please?
    "Pessimism: Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it." - demotivational poster

"It's not rocket scientry, you know." -anonymous co-worker

i have given up all hope in firaxis as far as news-web updates.

but im still hoping for a good game.

maybe they are gagged.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Well, they apparently have the time to organise a show-and-tell for Sidgolf, but nothing for Civ3. The last time I checked, Civ3 was going to make a lot more money for them than a golf sim.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

maybe since they just did a sim golf preview, they'll do a Civ3 update soon! oh wait this is firaxis, the company that hates its customers

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
          Well, they apparently have the time to organise a show-and-tell for Sidgolf, but nothing for Civ3.
          last time i checked simgolf was coming out in a couple of months while civ3 didnt look like it will come this year....
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            last time i checked simgolf was coming out in a couple of months while civ3 didnt look like it will come this year....
            You're a bad man, and I don't believe you. Civ3's coming out on October 17 like it was promised, the mountains will be fixed, the AI's going to crush me consistently and there's going to be 16 playable civs at a time.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

As long as civ III is out by feb 2002, I will be happy
              As long as it is out by dec 2002 Firaxis will be happy

As long as Firaxis can polish the game... just let them work instead of releasing details
              Hopefully due to extra weeks of polishing and no PR, they can make civ better than ever!
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

i agree with DarkCloud. I don't even tend much to the Civ3 site until i have a copy on it in my hands.
                I like to think that maybe today they just fixed that awful bug that would crash the game if condition xxx happened... Like the old Finnish saying goes, "Hiljaa hyvä tulee", which means that the more time is spent the better the result is.*

*Doesn't apply with Daikatana
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

There is no way I'm joining Yin's club.

The less new info we get from Firaxis makes more and more people, as UberKruX want to join OfAPeCiClu.
                  I however will not join that club, not unless Civ 3 is canceled at least .

How long do you think Sid and Will has been working at Sid's Golf?
                  As it is a game that none expected they didn't need to announce it until they were in the end of the game making. Civ 3 however was a game expected and wanted by a lot of people, and to avid the repitation of the Civ series to drop Sid had to announce the game when it still just was "some notes in his notebook". After a long time of developing they are at a stage of the game that they are willing to show us, but it doesn't mean they are ready yet. They still have to finish the game, and the more time they get the better the game will be (I hope). Be patient everyone Civ 3 will come, and it will be good.

Anithing in the last line might change without warning (I don’t want to be stoned for promising to mush)
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I'll get lynched for this, put I just had a premonition that Civ3's gonna be the biggest flop of computer games in the 21st century.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

i wanna join yin's club

Comment

H Tower: Welcome to the club! If we get enough members, we'll start holding our OWN press releases. I think lots of people are members in spirit, but hopefully you have just inspired them to step up and join!

Well, they apparently have the time to organise a show-and-tell for Sidgolf, but nothing for Civ3. The last time I checked, Civ3 was going to make a lot more money for them than a golf sim.
                        So, does that mean you'd like to join, too?
                        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

sigh

damn firaxis

Comment

I can guartantee you that civ3 will definitely not flop for sure. The fact is they have so many lovers of civ2 that many are going to buy civ3 right away. I'll probly preorder it. And I'm sure many others . Even the person who said itll flop (to lazy to look for name) will probly buy it. What does that show?
                            Second official member of OfAPeCiClu [as of 27-07-2001 12:13pm]: We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!

Comment

yin, I want in.
                              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                              X