scenario lost after save game and load game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scenario lost after save game and load game

Hi, anyone please help here! I've installed (unzipped) Frenzy AI scenario, and I put my DiffDB.txt into the scenario to make it more difficult for me, ie. I copied DiffDB.txt into :

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\Scenarios\FrenzyAI\scen0000\default\gamedata

When I start a new game and select this scenario, it loads my DiffDB.txt successfully, as I can see, I changed years per turn in 'impossible' level from 25 years per turn for the first period to 15 years per turn. And other changes I made in the DiffDB.txt also works fine.

But after I saved the game, I mean a 'Shift + S' save, not quick save or auto save, and I load the game later in the next day, I found the game doesn't use my DiffDB.txt, it remembers the turns I have played, but multiple the years passed, by 25 years per turn , which means it forgets my DiffDB.txt and I don't if it's still running in Frenzy AI mode! btw, nothing was changed, all files are still there.

Can anyone pls help about this scenario save and load?

This is a known bug in the CTP 2 scenario setup. You must start a new game with the scenario and then load up your save game or you will get the save game bug and the scenario goes to the regular set up. Worst of all is if you already opened the save it is corrupted and will have to start over. You might be able to use an old save, but I doubt it.

Comment

Thanks Engineer, I will give it a try.
      But btw, when I play 'AlexanderTheGreat' scenario coming from the game, and I save what I played, I can always load it back.
      Anyway, I will just live with your solution at this moment.

Comment

The Alexander scenario has its own turnlength.txt which over-rules that particular part of diffDB.txt. This might be what is keeping it from going weird.
        turnlength.txt consists of a list of turn numbers, and their associated dates, to keep it in the right time-frame.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Yeah, I know what you saying, Wombat. But the year turns is just an indicator for me to show that the game is not loading the saved game which was running a scenario.
          BTW, I tried to start a new game with scenario loaded on, than load saved game, sometimes it works, sometimes not. There is definitely an issue about this, I don't know where is the place to report bug to Activision

Comment

Working...
          X