Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annoying newbie style question (asked by a non newbie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying newbie style question (asked by a non newbie)

Ok, ive been playing civ for years and been at apolyton for years but could someone answer me this

In the foreign minister report (where it shows you each civs name, city style, attitude towards you, gold etc.), what do the little numbers on the left represent?

do you mean the numbers next to the city icon? that shows the population of there capitol I believe.

Comment

is that really it?
      damnnit - ive been stressing, thinking it was something important for ages

Comment

I never even noticed the numbers...
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

i think until you get an embassy that the number is 0 too becuae you dont know how big the city is...
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

The size of AI capitals and some other cities is known before embassies are established in the following ways:

F3 (Foreign Advisor) - Will give the size of the capital without an embassy.
            F5 (Trade Advisor) - Will give the size of all AI capitals in the supply/demand section after the discovery of trade, even though these civs have not yet been contacted.
            F8 (Top Five Cities) - Will give population statistics from 4000BC

----------------

SG(2)
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

so if tha tinformation freely avaialble why doe sit show 0 in F3 view....

Comment

Man that is pretty sad.You gotta use that spell check button Ras
                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Perhaps ottok's spirit has manifested in Rasputin's body.
                  This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

F3 will show 0 - I think - until maps have been exchanged. If you have no embassy but have shared geography a size figure will appear.

-----------------

SG(2)

Comment

thankyou No 2 you are extremely useful and very helpful,, (unlike No 1)

j/K No 1 ...........

Comment

to quote from SG{3} ...
                        "* little pointy ears go back along side of head - eyes narrow - fangs gleam * Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                          so if tha tinformation freely avaialble why doe sit show 0 in F3 view....
                          It shows zero if you haven't discovered their capitol yet.

But if you exchanged maps you also get that effect.
                          Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                          If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                          "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

thanks campy...

and that new avatar is just so you SG{1}

Comment

Working...
                            X