Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ colours

this

Has Firaxis said anything about civ coulors? If they dont make it customisable im not sure I wanna play the french, look at the knights!! Well maybe its just me....
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

I would think that colours are probably one of the easiest things to edit. Its not like they are hard coded, you just change the pallete.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

ahahhaha.

fairy pink french knights.

i could make a dozen refrences to fairy french, but i'm bigger than that.

im really not but im trying to be
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I must be colour blind. It looks a light purple to me.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Re: Civ colours

Originally posted by Wille
          this

Has Firaxis said anything about civ coulors? If they dont make it customisable im not sure I wanna play the french, look at the knights!! Well maybe its just me....
          It will proberly be changeable in some txt file or something, but I hope they make it changeable in the game itself!

What I'd most like to see about colors in the game is random color, so the Zuluz don't have to be light green in every game...And most important, don't do it like most other games do, set the color to the player, that way player one is ALWAYS blue and player two is ALWAYS red, etc...How I just hate that
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Even if you are only able to play with 7 civs at once, I hope every civ has a different color that way you can make any civ combo you want to play with. I hated not being able to have the French and Germans both in a game with Civ2.
            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Did anyone notice the roads going across the tops of the mountains? That definitely does not look very realistic.
              Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                I must be colour blind. It looks a light purple to me.
                The city names are light purple I think, but the units are definitly pink, this must be one of the new colours that enables 16? civs at once. What are the other new colours? Perhaps you can use your own colour scheme?
                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Ahh S*** and Godda**** Look at the bloody roads between the mountains they just put roads in as an overlay so it blocks out the mountain that's supposed to be in front of it. THIS HAS GOT TO BE FIXED!! Even CTP2 wasn't that bad!
                  Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

As long as we are not cursed with CTP's "ever-blue" design... ya know, before I played CTP, blue was my favorite color...
                    Lime roots and treachery!
                    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

16 civs at once? Probably not. My guess is you can still only play 7 civs at once in a game, but 16 separate colors enable any combination of those civs, i.e. in Civ2 you could not play the Russians vs. the Celts unless you customized a civ because both are white. This problem seems to be alleviated in Civ3 with twice as many colors.
                      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I think I remember reading you can have all civs at once, but they don't recommend it

Comment

16 civs at once? Probably not
                          Why would you say something like this? You don't have any information that would lead you to that conclusion. There's more information (preview) supporting the fact that you can play all 16 civs together at once than there is information (none) saying that you can still only play 7 civs togehter at once.
                          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I hope you can play with 16 civs, it would make for a much more interesting game (more carnage all-round). I would say most systems could handle it, so there's no excuse for Firaxis holding-back. No excuse whatsoever.

After all, this is now 2001.
                            Art is a science having more than seven variables.

Comment

After all, this is now 2001.
                              Not if you go by the Firaxian calendar, which states that the date is July 12, 1991.

Comment

Working...
                              X