Is it ever going to be fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ever going to be fixed?

Page loading time:76 seconds. Page loading time: 94 seconds. Page loading time: 81 seconds. Page loading time 124 seconds. Then of course there are all those times that the whole forum is entirely down. When is it going to be fixed?

One more thought: Sidgames.com. Could this also be Apolyton's destiny?
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

You read my mind!

I was thinking of starting the same kind of thread. This is perhaps one of the slowest times of the week (late Friday/early Saturday US EST) for net traffic and ACS is crawling. Europe and most of the US is asleep. I've noticed over the past week that load times have been better, but tonight is bad again. Something is very wrong with the server.
    Here's a link.

Comment

1.37 seconds. Time for broadband, gentlemen.

Comment

There are many factors why that happens.

Network congestion, for example. Only after you have eliminated all other possibilities could you pinpoint the root cause.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          Amen to that.

I'm moving at the end of the month and a vastly upgraded Internet connection is near the top of my list of things to do. I'm leaning towards cable connection at this point. Broadband is currently unavailable through my provider in Tallahassee and cable just recently became available, but since I'm moving...
          Here's a link.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
            I have an average of 572 bandwidth speed cable.
            I average 170 download speed cable.

Yet it takes 14.5 seconds on the average to load this page, and like DR. Strangelove I am lucky some days to even get on?
            I have seen timeouts happen and load times over 128?
            I hope they fix it soon, mind you it has been better lately.
            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
            Or do we?

Comment

I forgot to mention that I have a cable modem too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                I forgot to mention that I have a cable modem too.
                oh to live in an area with cables !!!! Damn our backwards country !!!
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I've only on occasion had a loading time in excess of 30 seconds. Page loading time: 3.665 seconds.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

click on the sponsors and help finance Apolyton =>
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

OK, I admit that this week the performance of the site has improved a great deal. Has Apolyton done somehing with its servers recently?

Comment

I agree also that things have improved greatly as far as site speed goes.

It still seems slow sometimes, but not so bad, really.

Well done, boys.
                        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Never had a problem with speed, though the site crashes suck. I say we make Gamestats pay!
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I really don't think it's Apolyton most of the time. The delays always seem to happen when the advertising scripts kick in. This leads me to think that it is the ad server not the Apolyton server which is causing grief. Complain to ugo.com.
                            Peace, Wisdom, and No Karma

Comment

My patience is gone.

What in the hell is going on? Why does it take 5 minutes to load a thread? I echo the sentiments of the thread starter--IS THIS EVER GOING TO BE FIXED?!

3 crashes in as many weeks. Tecumseh left and says he won't be coming back because of the slow loading times. I'm on the verge of doing the same thing myself.

Guys, YOU ARE LOSING PEOPLE, FAST. I don't know what the problem is, but you should put all available effort into repairing whatever the problem is found to be. Sitting for 5 minutes waiting on a thread to load that took 10 seconds the day before is too frustrating to put up with.

As it is, I don't come here as often as I used to. My participation might get even scarcer still. There are other sites around. They are NOT having these kinds of recurring, inconsistent, and annoying difficulties with their loading times.

Annoyed beyond reason,
                              Exile
                              Lost in America.
                              "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                              "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                              "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Working...
                              X