300 turns birthday - The US game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 turns birthday - The US game

Though I forgot to play the turn this morning - here it is.

Turn 300 to Maestro.

Any games with more turns?
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

I think US has the most turns in. APQS has 286, but started as a 5 player and is down to 3, two civs were eliminated. It just goes to show how a 4-5 player games runs better than one with more players. Monkey1 has 8 players and was THE first PBEM game started, but has only 208 turns done.
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

300 turns done and no winner yet?
      What kind of players are playing this game?

OK, I know I had to much alcohol this evening. Congratulations guys. This may be a record that will never be beaten.
      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Speaking of records, Paul's new one will be hard to beat. Alien Life Project completed in 264 turns, although i'm not sure what level the game was one. I think it was a reasonably high level, but not deity.

Still, conquest without war was deadset boring . We had to have wars for no apparent reason, and with no apparent objective, just to keep ourselves amused

Comment

300 turns done and no winner yet?
          What kind of players are playing this game?
          Hey Franses!

We are all peaceful players .

Just a spy-nuking here and there .

Oh, yes - and maybe when we were younger, someone felt for the temptation building "The Eden Project" .

And a Eco-ranger and Eco-terrorist exercise or two .

We have also seen a little fighting over a tiny city or two - and a true massacre of an invasionforce .

But apart from this, we are all real peacefull ! Thust me cross my heart (if you can find it) etc....
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Good to here there are still peacefull people out there.

As you know I am very peacefull myself although some people will probably disagree.
            Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Lung, Monkey 2 was only at warlord.

And US PBEM, congratulations to your 300 turns.

Comment

When I see back to this game (only the time, where I have been playing):

125 turns in a year with 5 players. Not bad.

125 turns since we (I) was a little afraid of knights (specially when they were spanish). Now we can't even build a decent nuke and are building cities in space.

Oh yes - times goes fast and I am getting old.

Hey Quinns and Solver: This game - could you use this as a promotion of PBEM games on the mainsite of this forum? 300 turns in _?_ years. That is something.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                  We are all peaceful players .

Peaceful ???

The only reason why we haven't started the alien life project is because we are too busy building troops.

Well, maybe except one of us.
                  A large empire that is keeping itself suspiciuously quiet.
                  veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

Working...
                  X