Where are Moscow’s potholes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China and India each have over a billion people
    Despite being smaller in area, they have 4x the road system. That wasn't the case before. Per capita they are about half that of Russia. Brazil even has twice the road system with less than twice the population.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      America:

6,586,610 kms

Russia:

Canada has almost as many roads as Russia, and Canada's roads are better.
      More roads is a good thing?

I have many problems with Russia, but can we stop this ego masturbation?
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Road Etiquette

_Pedestrian crossing lines are nice decorations
        _There are 4 lights. Green Orange Deep Orange and Red

Horn blowing

_Short shap claxon: the light turned green 10 miliseconds ago. Let's go grandpa
        _Medium duration claxon: you did something stupid watch it
        _long duration claxon: **** you and your goat you *&^%&*^%$#$%#^#^%$#

Flashing lights instead of claxon: I got laid, I'm mellow

Comment

In LA, even if a light turns red it didn't actually turn red. It needs 10 additional seconds to be officially red.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Green, yellow, firey green.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

In some countries cars actually stop at lightless pedestrian crossings.

It's very funny and confusing.
              Also you can't believe it is happening, can't properly process it, so you get sentimental.

I thought about just putting the toes in the line just to see them stop and then pull it back so they'll get ready to go then put the foot down again and so on

But then I thought that might irritate them.

One should never get too accustomed to that strange pedestrian line ritual of cars actually stopping when he gets home though because carelessness could prove lethal (or enrich your "french" vocabulary considerably)

Comment

Working...
              X