NOT CIV 6 RELATED PLEASE DONT MOVE THIS THREAD THANKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT CIV 6 RELATED PLEASE DONT MOVE THIS THREAD THANKS

" "From the first stirrings of life beneath water… to the great beasts of the Stone Age… to man taking his first upright steps…""

HOW IN THE **** IS THAT QUOTE IN THE GAME? (RELATED QUESTION: WHY IN THE **** DOES IT PLAY EVERY TIME I LOAD A ****ING SAVED GAME?) I CAN UNDERSTAND NOT HAVING POST GAME GRAPHS OR WHATEVER -- THE AUTISTIC DEVELOPMENT TEAM AT FIRAXIS HAS NOT UNDERSTOOD FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS WHY ANYONE WOULD POSSIBLY WANT TO MEMORIALIZE THE EXPERIENCE OF PLAYING ONE OF THEIR ****TY GAMES -- BUT I CANNOT FOR THE LIVE OF ME UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE LET THIS QUOTE IN THE GAME :ama;g :MAD:

ED BEACH IS NOTED AS A HISTORY MAJOR TOO BECAUSE LORD KNOWS HE DID NOT GET A DEGREE IN ANYTHING REMOTELY RELATED TO COMPUTER SCIENCE OR GOOD GAME DEVELOPMENT, SO THIS IS REALLY INEXCUSABLE BUT LETS BE HONEST HERE AND SPEAK TRUTHFULLY: YOU DON'T NEED TO BE AN ANTHROPOOLOGIST TO KNOW THAT THE MAN WAS WALKING BEFORE THE STONE AGRE CAN ANYONE PLEASE CONFIRM THIS?

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, THE QUOTE FOR THE SCORCHED EARTH CIVIC IS FROM ROGER AILES :

GREAT REVIEW OF CIV 6 HERE , IT IS BASICALLY SAVA WITH MORE IQ POINTS AND EVEN LESS MONEY (DESPITE WORKING A JOB AND RUNNING A WEBSITE) http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/201...ivilization-v/

ALSO GOOD :http://www.sullla.com/Civ6/oneweeklater.html
    Last edited by Wiglaf; November 3, 2016, 17:45. Reason: :ANGRY:

Firaxis should have hired Tom Chick to help with the pre-release testing.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

EVERYONE SHOULD HIRE TOM CHICK, HE'S THE BEST CRITIC OF GAMES TO EXIST

Comment

I'm still kind of baffled by the way they decided to implement 1UPT and discourage the construction of roads in the same game. Did they not think through the implications at all, or were they actively trying to make it difficult to keep an army together? My guess is the former, but either choice is hard to imagine.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Actually I find the construction of roads better solved in Civ VI than in Civ V.
          Because in Civ VI thexy don't cost any upkeep
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Making them cost anything while switching to 1upt was THE DUMBEST decision ever made. Just so the map wouldn't look cluttered. (but then they designed the game for CARPETS of doom). Every single tester mentioned it at the time BUT NO. The map looks prettier without all those roads. Geeze.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              I'm still kind of baffled by the way they decided to implement 1UPT and discourage the construction of roads in the same game. Did they not think through the implications at all, or were they actively trying to make it difficult to keep an army together? My guess is the former, but either choice is hard to imagine.
              I am convinced no of the ***** at that company every played a Civ game prior to the ****show that is Civ5.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                I am convinced no of the ***** at that company every played a Civ game prior to the ****show that is Civ5.
                Funny enough the contrary is the case, at least for the lead designer of Civ V, Jon Shafer.
                He did modding of Civ III and Civ IV, betatesting of Civ IV and also was responsible for the 2 expansions of Civ IV
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

If he had never played IV there was no way that road spam would have irritated him to the point that he was willing to screw up the game just to get rid of it.

And let's check reality for a second. Do a map zoom in of the USA and the most dominate feature will be roads. Even just seeing the interstates would look like more roads that the worst of road spam.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In IV, having roads on nearly every space by endgame is how I know whether I built enough workers.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

In Civ you are allowed to choose your technological path. Someone at Firaxis just researched Stone Tools before they researched Walking Upright.

I personally prefer to wait to research Dinosaurs until late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        In Civ you are allowed to choose your technological path. Someone at Firaxis just researched Stone Tools before they researched Walking Upright.

I personally prefer to wait to research Dinosaurs until late in the game.
                        I see the American civilisation appears to be researching "Trumpyness" in their current game.

Is "Trumpyness" the prerequisite for researching "dinosaurs"?

Comment

All the tiles inside your borders should automatically get current era -1 roads.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                            All the tiles inside your borders should automatically get current era -1 roads.
                            I love the concept
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I love this - it is soooo Firaxis.

So here’s my Edgar Allen Poe unit trying to get out of Rome, where he was born, to reach the Great Library, where he can put The Raven and The Tell-Tale Heart on the shelves. Except there’s a Buddhist missionary from Japan parked on the Great Library. Poe can’t get in. He can’t share The Raven and The Tell-Tale Heart with the rest of the world. He has to wait until the AI for Japan shuffles that Buddhist missionary to another tile without shuffling another Buddhist missionary back onto the tile.

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                              X