German government trying to force children to go to mosque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German government trying to force children to go to mosque

GERMAN officials have ruled schoolchildren have to visit mosques as part of their curriculum after a mother and father would not allow their son visit an Islamic place of worship.

Following a theme in our discussion of homeschooling.

It's not a long story. The school scheduled a visit for the students to a mosque. One student refused to go because his parents told him to. The government fined the parents and charged them with truancy.

This might not be a big deal in Germany, but this is outrageous to many in the US. People don't trust the school about stuff like this. For example, Common Core is very unpopular.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

This is almost as bad as the time my class went on a field trip to go see a salmon hatchery. I wanted to stay home and eat ice cream and watching Night Court reruns. But NOOOOOOoOOoooOOO ... can't have that can we. What do they think I am, a fish? Only a few years later I bought a Reel Big Fish cd. :ANGRYINDOCTRINATEDFISH:

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      This might not be a big deal in Germany, but this is outrageous to many in the US. People don't trust the school about stuff like this. For example, Common Core is very unpopular.
      Why would America being retarded come as any surprise to anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        Why would America being retarded come as any surprise to anyone?
        I knew that you would say being brainwashed makes you not retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          This is almost as bad as the time my class went on a field trip to go see a salmon hatchery. I wanted to stay home and eat ice cream and watching Night Court reruns. But NOOOOOOoOOoooOOO ... can't have that can we. What do they think I am, a fish? Only a few years later I bought a Reel Big Fish cd. :ANGRYINDOCTRINATEDFISH:
          What kind of child doesn't want to see salmon spawning?

Comment

This might not be a big deal in Germany, but this is outrageous to many in the US.
            Only to bigots like you... Most here wouldn't consider it a big deal.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
              Only to bigots like you... Most here wouldn't consider it a big deal.
              Not believing in a religion, and therefore not wanting my child to be brainwashed into believing in it doesn't make me a bigot. If fact calling people a bigot because they are against a belief system is ridiculous. It only makes sense to call people bigots who are against people of certain ethnicity, gender or something like that. The way that you use the word bigot just makes it meaningless.

If you don't mind you child's teacher promoting a religion like Islam to your child that makes you a horrible parent. You are ultimately responsible for your child's education, and protecting them from brainwashing that will harm them.

Comment

In America you generally have to have your parents sign consent forms for field trips. At least, you did when I was a kid. Other than that, yaaaaaaawn.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  In America you generally have to have your parents sign consent forms for field trips. At least, you did when I was a kid. Other than that, yaaaaaaawn.

Here's a case in Britain where the children were forced to stand in front of the school and explain why they didn't go to the mosque. It was their parents decision, not theirs.

The reason given for the field trip is "to show that ISIS is not Islamic."

Comment

I knew that you would say being brainwashed makes you not retarded.
                    Being taken on an afternoon trip to another religions church isn't brainwashing. It's a good way to strip away the nonsense that bigoted and ignorant parents might be pouring into kids ears, by showing them something with their own eyes. If the field trip had included a seminar in beheading and a lecture about the infinite wisdom of sacrificing your life for Allah and exterminating the infidels, then you might have had a point. I'm assuming this was not included however.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      Being taken on an afternoon trip to another religions church isn't brainwashing. It's a good way to strip away the nonsense that bigoted and ignorant parents might be pouring into kids ears, by showing them something with their own eyes. If the field trip had included a seminar in beheading and a lecture about the infinite wisdom of sacrificing your life for Allah and exterminating the infidels, then you might have had a point. I'm assuming this was not included however.
                      The school has no right to tell my child that I'm brainwashing them with my political/religious beliefs. And if you don't think Islam is being promoted you're a fool.

Comment

This sums it up for me also.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Gee... if the field trip had been to a Catholic church, would you be foaming at the mouth?
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The school has no right to tell my child that I'm brainwashing them with my political/religious beliefs. And if you don't think Islam is being promoted you're a fool.
                            Why do you think you have a right to brainwash a child? A child isn't your property for you to do with as you please, at some point they get to leave the home and then have to actually live in the real world and affect other peoples lives. Oh and it's pretty telling if your beliefs are so fragile and weak that exposure to reality would shatter them.

As for Islam being promoted, why on earth would the Germans care about promoting Islam?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              Gee... if the field trip had been to a Catholic church, would you be foaming at the mouth?
                              Are you under the impression that I'm Catholic?

I can guarantee you that Muslim children are not being forced to go to a Catholic Church, anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X