Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
    Huffington Post only reports facts.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      You don't even understand how brainwashing works. You can report facts and still brainwash people.
      Brainwashing? Coming from someone that is thoroughly brainwashed... you shouldn't throw stones from a glass house.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Brainwashing? Coming from someone that is thoroughly brainwashed... you shouldn't throw stones from a glass house.
        Coming from someone who thinks they aren't getting brainwashed by the media because they got "the facts."
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Coming from someone who thinks they aren't getting brainwashed by the media because they got "the facts."
          I take my facts from various source such as Huffington Post, BBC, Al Jazeera (English) and other online publications.

You take get your distortions from Fox News.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I take my facts from various source such as Huffington Post, BBC, Al Jazeera (English) and other online publications.

You take get your distortions from Fox News.
            You still don't get it. It's horrible. They are telling you what you want to hear.

Comment

You still don't get it. It's horrible. They are telling you what you want to hear.
              I do my own independent research from various sources. You're the one that doesn't get it. You're so predictable and you're in fantasy land.

Comment

I do my own independent research from various sources. You're the one that doesn't get it. You're so predictable and you're in fantasy land.
                I've never known someone as brainwashed as you. What independent research?

Comment

You don't even understand how brainwashing works. You can report facts and still brainwash people.
                  Actually, yes.

Selective use of facts can be a brainwashing tool.

As a child I would often listen to Radio Moscow in the evening. Mainly a cultural programme which showcased Soviet (and Russian achievements).

It is true that many fine works of literature, pieces of music and scientific advances were made in Russia. That reflected well on Russia and thus the Soviet Union. Of course, there were many things that were not mentioned.

I also listened to "Voice of America" which did not showcase America. They just droned on with stupid lectures so I seldom listened to them.

(I didn't listen to the ABC because that was really boring and there were no other radio stations available, and no TV)

BTW I thought it really strange that Soviet propaganda was far superior to American propaganda as I would have much preferred to live in the USA rather than the USSR.

Comment

I've never known someone as brainwashed as you. What independent research?
                    And this will just go back and forth. You really have nothing.

Comment

And this will just go back and forth. You really have nothing.
                      What independent research have you done?

Comment

• I named several sources.

What independent research have you ever done? You just look like a mouthpiece.

Comment

I named several sources.

What independent research have you ever done? You just look like a mouthpiece.
                          I didn't say that I did independent research. You said you did.

Comment

I didn't say that I did independent research. You said you did.
                            You don't do any research at all... on anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                              Actually, yes.

Selective use of facts can be a brainwashing tool.

As a child I would often listen to Radio Moscow in the evening. Mainly a cultural programme which showcased Soviet (and Russian achievements).

It is true that many fine works of literature, pieces of music and scientific advances were made in Russia. That reflected well on Russia and thus the Soviet Union. Of course, there were many things that were not mentioned.

I also listened to "Voice of America" which did not showcase America. They just droned on with stupid lectures so I seldom listened to them.

(I didn't listen to the ABC because that was really boring and there were no other radio stations available, and no TV)

BTW I thought it really strange that Soviet propaganda was far superior to American propaganda as I would have much preferred to live in the USA rather than the USSR.
                              Umm, if Soviet propaganda was superior, you would have preferred the USSR...

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X