• Time
  • Show
Clear All

a machine gun shoots farther than a catapult

catapult has 2 range
    machine gun 1

i thought the game would have dealt with this

same mistake as civ5

combat is weak in this game, seems worse than civ5 due to the restrictions in movement (requiring a full 2 mp to get onto a forest or hill)

you can spam archers/crossbow/field cannon and be okay never building any other unit

mounted units should theoretically be able to even the odds, but i've not seen it yet
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

if you go to war early, before they build walls, you can march across the map and raze/occupy any city you want

cities no longer get a ranged attack in the beginning

i rolled across the continent with two archers and a swordsman

am i that great a player?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

going to war seems pointless unless you want to kill everyone

the ai never forgets... unless you give them a sweet trade deal (+20 awesome) that disappears in like five turns (what trade deal? BUT YOU RAZED A CITY IN 2300 BC SO **** YOUUUUUUUU)
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

religion was relevant for a bit in the early game

i saw missionaries trying to convert my cities

seems like another layer of combat that isn't really combat

why put forth any effort with religion

DAMNH I NEED THAT ONE GOLD PER TURN PER CITY FOLOOWING

or whatever stupid useless bonus it provides

haven't figured out how to get another great prophet to expand my useless religion

got wonders
          got faith

where's the prophets?

civ4 was prophet spam
          civ 5 had some
          now... ????
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Soooo . . . is this "here are a bunch of flaws in an otherwise good game" or "kill this ****ing abomination with fire" or something in between?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Actually, the problem with the distinction between firearm units and melee units was already present in Civ 3.

The only mod I ever made for Civ actually was an XML change for Civ 3, which gave firearm units an artillery barrage with a range of 0, so that they would be treated like the slingers in Civ VI, when attacking pure melee units (instead of having to attack in melee with those units)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                Soooo . . . is this "here are a bunch of flaws in an otherwise good game" or "kill this ****ing abomination with fire" or something in between?
                I for my part like the game ... especially the fact that you now can build city districts ... which on the ohter hand are the prerequisite for specialized buildings (for example you can only build a market if you have an econoimic district ... or a barracks if you have amilitary encampment ... and so on (and the units actually appear in the specialized district of their profession, for example missionaries in the holy grounds or military units in the encampment))

On the other hand I have to say that I haven't had the time to play it as intensive and therefore still am in the renaissance era, so many of the flaws Sava mentions will be things I still have to encounter
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

same problem that after earth had.... you have to keep assigning your trade units

my game now is about reassigning spies and traders... then waiting two minutes between doing so
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think it is just following the classic civ development. Release... ugh... first dlc... okay better... second dlc... yeah this is how it should have been.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i don't know when, but prophets just stop appearing
                      i can't even hire one with faith or money

if you aren't lucky enough or don't focus your entire game upon being a niche civilization that just produces some great prophets, you aren't gonna see any

i'm stuck with a half religion moving into the modern/atomic eras
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

they could have easily included 2x or 3x as many leaders and civs

there's no reason a future civ game should have less civs than an old one

it's just a database file with text

and one unique unit/building

and if your dev budget is stretched too much that you can't do that... then learn how to manage video game design better
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

the music is a problem too

the score is ALL EPIC ALL THE TIME

trying to play a nice relaxing game here

i don't need the quickening tempo of that fiddle-based cossack song

SHUT. THE. ****. UP
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeaahhhh, I'ma wait for the two expansions. Don't have a PC that can play it anyhow, let alone the time. Had to uninstall Civ4 BTS b/c it was eating all my time, and the wife's too. By the time the second expansion comes a suitable PC will be cheap enough, and there will be reviews from people who hated Civ5.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yeaahhhh, I'ma wait for the two expansions. Don't have a PC that can play it anyhow, let alone the time. Had to uninstall Civ4 BTS b/c it was eating all my time, and the wife's too.
                              yes

if you are at all someone who has things to do in life, save the money... buy it at a sale... or after all the dlc's are out

it's not a bad game... just needs love
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

there are rumor messages that scroll across the screen in between turns

the pointless leader discussion where they just interrupt your day to tell you they denounce you or this or that.... those could easily be put in that group

and now i got the shi huang whatever who hates me because i built a lot of wonders... but he also says i have no culture (despite leading EVERYONE in culture)

this game needed to be played by civ fans, not casuals and not gaming press
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X